"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 04-14-2006, 05:35 PM   #1
Master Chef

April weigh in

I have yoyoed back and forth, excersise, no excersise, watch what I eat, not watch. I'm tired of the CRAP!!
No more. I joined a weight forum last week and it's gotten me motivated with their weekly challenges.
I have lost 3.5 lbs this week. I'm eating a lot more veggies and a lot less junk. If I cook junk for dh and youngest ds, I will steam some veggies for me and eat some fruit or toast. I've been using the "I can't believe it's not butter" spray. No calories. It has 15mg of sodium, but, I really don't get much of that anyway, so, I don't think it will matter.
I get one night of not so healthy food, but, I don't eat very much of it and I'm making sure my calorie intake isn't too much.
I also dis not buy my diet soda's this week, only water!!

Anyone else weighing in this month?

Old 04-14-2006, 07:08 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Good for you TG!!!!! Keep up the good work.

Old 04-14-2006, 07:14 PM   #3
Master Chef

Thanks, pds! I really need to lose it. I'm tired of feeling so insecure all the time. I need clothes, but, I refuse to buy anymore fat clothes. I'm unhappy all the time and I'm sick of feeling this way.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:30 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
ME TOO! What forum did you join.

I keep saying I'm going to lose but I keep getting fatter... and fatter...
Old 04-14-2006, 07:35 PM   #5
Executive Chef

I'm stuck on 7 1/2 lbs. I was certainly hoping to be down at least 10 lbs by Easter, but that won't happen, unless I have nothing but water tomorrow.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:41 PM   #6
Cook

When I moved in January I stopped buying soda even diet. I get Fruit2O as a substitute. It is good. Also I joined Planet Fitness. They are a gym that promotes itself as judgement free. plus my membership fee is 15.00 a month. It keeps me motivated to workout.
I also make sure that I have breakfast. I eat smaller portions. If I go out to eat, I try to eat only have and take home the rest.
It is slow but I'm noticing that some of my pants are getting looser. I'm having to where a belt more often.

I started at 275, I am to 268. it isn't a lot, but I don't feel like I'm really pushing myself yet, I want to hit 200. Anything lower then that will just be iceing on the cake, mmmmm cake. NO.
Another thing I did, I stopped buying sweets. I sub fruit or a jello cup. Only baked chips. Those are at about 1 bag a month. The Nabisco 100 Cal. Snack packs are good too.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:45 PM   #7
Master Chef

I drink the fruit 2/0 also!! I've been drinking the peach, but, I grabbed the tropical fruit because they were out of it. It's really good!! It taste more like banana.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:04 PM   #8
Executive Chef

A couple of great drinks are Celestial Seasonings Teas I love the Madagascar Red Tea and the Perfectly Pear both have a little of vanilla in them and are naturally sweet I make a gallon of iced tea with the entire 20 bag box I drink it like crazy.Try it you will like it not to mention you are getting powerfull anti oxydents?The blueberry is good to plus others you just hafto find the flavors you like.
I also need to lose several pounds but for me the only thing that works is consistantly exercising mainly walking, it works.The trick is getting the time or the inspiration to start. [QUOTE] The only hard part is getting started!
Old 04-15-2006, 10:26 AM   #9
Executive Chef

I do not know what a weight forum is, could you tell us more?? I know what to do to lose weight, I just do not do it. I need some outside motivation.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:42 AM   #10
Master Chef

These are the 2 that I'm on. But, they are nowhere near as active on a daily basis as DC. Someone is there everyday, just not a lot of people at the same time as here. Maybe I'm just spoiled. LOL
http://weight-loss.fitness.com/index.php
and http://www.featherish.com/index.php