I have finally tried this dish last night and I was very impressed with how good it tasted. I love baked beans.. Almost as muich as I love chicken wings.
I couldnt see a recipe area for low carb dishes to I posyed it here. If it is wrong please move it to the correct place
I couldnt find the :ThickenThin anywhere so I just used GUAR GUM which does the same ( and it was the only low carb thickener my "Mother Earth Store" had
BBQ Baked Black Soybeans
2 (approx. 15 oz.) cans black soybeans
1 small onion
1 clove garlic
4 slices bacon
½ cup low carb tomato catsup
1 tablespoon ThickenThin
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
½ teaspoon coarse salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
6 packets Splenda Directions
- Peel and slice the onion; peel and mince the garlic.
- Dice 2 of the bacon slices.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the catsup, ThickenThin, tomato paste, vinegar, splenda, mustard, salt and spices.
- Drain beans and place into ovenproof casserole, pour catsup mixture over beans, add garlic, onion, and diced bacon, and stir to combine ingredients thoroughly.
- Lay the remaining bacon slices across the top of the beans and cook in 325-degree oven for at least 30 minutes. Finish under broiler for 2-3 minutes to crisp top bacon, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional Facts 13.8 total carbs 5.8 fiber 8 net carbs 194 calories 11.6 protein