BBQ Baked Black Soybeans (LOW CARB )

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Winglover

Assistant Cook
I have finally tried this dish last night and I was very impressed with how good it tasted. I love baked beans.. Almost as muich as I love chicken wings.

I couldnt see a recipe area for low carb dishes to I posyed it here. If it is wrong please move it to the correct place:wacko:

I couldnt find the :ThickenThin anywhere so I just used GUAR GUM which does the same ( and it was the only low carb thickener my "Mother Earth Store" had

BBQ Baked Black Soybeans
Serves 6

Ingredients
2 (approx. 15 oz.) cans black soybeans
1 small onion
1 clove garlic
4 slices bacon
½ cup low carb tomato catsup
1 tablespoon ThickenThin
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
½ teaspoon coarse salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
6 packets Splenda Directions

1. Peel and slice the onion; peel and mince the garlic.
  2. Dice 2 of the bacon slices.
  3. In a small bowl, whisk together the catsup, ThickenThin, tomato paste, vinegar, splenda, mustard, salt and spices.
  4. Drain beans and place into ovenproof casserole, pour catsup mixture over beans, add garlic, onion, and diced bacon, and stir to combine ingredients thoroughly.
  5. Lay the remaining bacon slices across the top of the beans and cook in 325-degree oven for at least 30 minutes. Finish under broiler for 2-3 minutes to crisp top bacon, if desired.
  6. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Facts 13.8 total carbs 5.8 fiber 8 net carbs 194 calories 11.6 protein

Hi Winglover -
I moved this thread to the "Health, Nutrition and Special Diets" forum.

This recipe really sounds yummy!
Thank you so much for posting.

(ps - adorable doggie!)

Yes, Thanks!

This'll be a keeper; however, I have been wanted to experiment with soybeans and have yet to find them. I have a big-box store and one grocery chain and that's it for local access. And guar gum. Help! Do I have to go on-line to order?

I found the soy beans and the guar gum in local "mother earth" store. The cans are like $ 1.70 and the guar gum was $ 6 ( but I think it will go a long way ). I think you best bet will be a health food, vegetarian, tree hugging place.. I am sure you have one of them around

Thanks, but...

ummmm, actually, we don't (rats!). This place we call heaven is East Texas and the general population count of our lovely area barely tops 10k in any direction.:rolleyes:

We drive 90 miles just to get dog food. However, now that you mention it...I bet I can find soybeans/guar there (not at the petstore - the town). Yikes!

Back
Top Bottom