Best diet snacks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jtluvsjl said:
On of my favorite snacks when I just have to have something sweet is No Pudge Brownies. Its a mix called No Pudge Fudge Brownie Mix. Its fat free and 90 calories for a 2" square brownie. You can even make individual servings in the microwave. Just mix 2 tablespoons of mix with 1 tablespoon of fat free vanilla yogurt and microwave for 1 minute. Its delicious!

I've never heard of this.
I'll have to look and see if I can find it here, it sounds wonderful!
Thanks

Texasgirl - I've just started noticing the No Pudge products listed in Sunday Dallas Morning News coupon inserts, so they should be available "down our way." Haven't looked for them, yet. I think the coupons were for ice cream bars.

My personal dieting tips:

Run a restaurant...always cooking for someone else...never looks good to yourself anymore.

Have a few kids....you'll always be running after them and picking up after them...great exercise!

Get married....same as above but you'll be picking up after the "big" guy too.

Flatten your four tires....then you'll have to walk!

All guaranteed that you can eat anything you want and still lose weight....lol

Spice, I do the same thing. Though have to admit at times I am too lazy to make the jello (and too cheap to buy the premade stuff), so I cheat and eat cookies. :neutral: If jello is around though, it does the trick to satisfy the sweets craving.

kyles said:
I'd love to do the six meal a day thing, but it just isn't possible with my schedule! I snack on apples, they are so filling and there are so many varieties, fresh berries (frozen ones are great when it's hot), occasionally rice cakes, but being high GI they can make your blood sugar peak, and you feel hungry again quite quickly. Veggies are great, I love cucumber with low fat cucumber yoghurt dressing. I can't see pig skins fitting into my diet, they are high in saturated fat and cholesterol.

"ounce for ounce" :huh: plain pork rinds (or fried pigskins) have 1g less fat and tons more protein than plain potatoe chips...not that you'd be eating those anyway, right?

ps: minimeals, i.e., snacks, are inclusive of apple breaks, etec. the idea is to eat, preferably something protein to kick up metabolism, about 6 times a day.

Some of mine

How about fat free frozen yogurt. I love this double chocolate one and they have one with strawbery and vinillia with black cherries:rolleyes:

Right now I am taking steroids for a med problem I have. It gives me hot flashes terribly. I love those diet popsicles. They are very sweet and cold so it helps with the hot flashes!

Michael

That sounds good! I must be hungry.

What brand of frozen yogurt are you eating?

I've finally decided to take control of my weight again, so have been living on 94% fat free popcorn as a snack. It's getting pretty boring, so I started putting this Hot Honey Soy Sauce that I love on it. It has made it a little more exciting.

I just got a hot air popcorn maker. Spits out a little popcorn, but I imagine that it's pretty normal. Taste very good. I figured that the low cal snack was not all that low cal when I used oil in the pot and added a small amount of margerin the the final product. I got some "Butter" seasoning that has 0 Fat grams... has a little sodium, so I have to watch that, but not much. What I need is something without sodium too:) I am seeing though that if a product dont have fat it has sodium and if it don't have sodium it has fat.

Fruit smoothies. Get reduced fat vanilla yogurt, low fat milk, real fruit, add some protein and blend ... powerful diet food that also tastes good.

The Princess said:
What about pretzels? Aren't they fat free?
they can be fat free, but even the ones that have fat have very little, but because pretzels are low in moisture 1 ounce usually has about 110 calories, but that is lower than for something like potato chips.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom