"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 06-18-2010, 09:19 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
No I know what your saying. But on the other hand if I can make something healthier that tastes just as good, why not do that ya know? Like I said we ended up going out. DH wanted to dine out. I ended up going over my calories goal today too. But thats because we went to Golden Corral and a buffet is just too damn tempting. I was being very reserved but I also gave in at breakfast time and got mcdonalds. I had no idea two small burritos packed a huge calorie punch!
Don't beat yourself up! My partner gets a golden corral craving once in a while too! If I overindulge, I just get back on track the next day. One day "off the wagon" won't cause weight gain.

Food has been such a struggle for me. It has taken quite a while to not feel guilty or defeated after eating "the bad stuff". I have lightened up a few recipes, and they turned out quite well, but when it comes to baking, I don't mess with the formula, it is too easy to mess up the chemistry, and I am so picky about texture and flavor in baked goods.

Good luck on the weight loss.