"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets
Old 08-28-2009, 01:45 AM   #21
Assistant Cook
Originally Posted by Burnt_Toast View Post
I find that I am either too lazy or in too much of a rush to eat breakfast in the morning. I usually buy something on the way. However, I want to try to eat a bit healthier. I was wondering if breakfast oatmeal cookies are actaully healthy to eat everyday or maybe some sort of breakfast muffin? I would like to find something I can make on Sunday night and last me through the week.

What do you think?

By the way nice forum redesign.
Try to eat only fruits in the morning, it is easy and useful!

Life is good!
olla86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:32 AM   #22
Originally Posted by olla86 View Post
Try to eat only fruits in the morning, it is easy and useful!
Can be tough to carry on the bus or car though. Those peaches are drippy! LOL.

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:44 PM   #23
Assistant Cook
I would try to incorporate more protein into your breakfast. How about yogurt with granola?
KatieFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:13 PM   #24
Master Chef
Try this recipe for oatmeal muffins. There is only 1/4 cup sugar called for, and I replaced that with Splenda when I made them Sunday. Next time, I'm going to sub applesauce for the oil and add raisins to make them a little more moist, but they are still good.

We get by with a little help from our friends
Constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:48 PM   #25
Assistant Cook
I have a recipe for homemade "morning" cookies that have lots of healthy ingredients in them and I used to give them to the kids sometimes with their breakfasts as a change from muffins or toast. I'll look up the recipe and post it for you if you like..
leeniek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:00 AM   #26
Assistant Cook
even whole wheat muffins have a lot of calories and not a lot of essential nutrients. you should go to the grocery store and buy some pre-made yogurt smoothies by yoplait or carnation instant breakfast powdered packets that you mix with milk. both of these are easy for on the go people and are filled with nutrients that your body needs.

if you want something a little more substantial make some breakfast burritos, they are are easy to prepare and easy to grab on the go, all you have to do is warm for one minute in the morning. here is an easy recipe....

1 bag hash browns
12 eggs (i usually do one egg beater carton, equivalent to 8 eggs and then add four regular eggs)
1 lb maple falvored jimmy dean sausage (they also have fat free)
1 16oz can stokes green chili (they have many different flavors, chose whichever you like)
4 cups cheese
24 tortillas

cook each ingredient seperately and then combine in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. then put one large spoonful of the mix into each tortilla, roll and than roll in a sheet of foil. this recipe is easy and makes about 24 burritos. my suggestion for warming is to roll in a paper towel so it steams and does not dry out.

hope you enjoy :)
pua.melia409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:23 AM   #27
Assistant Cook
I really prefer muffins!
arianaaa35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:44 PM   #28
Head Chef
I have been eating Kashi TLC granola bars, and would love to find a recipe for something like that. They are sweet, but not too sweet, and have oatmeal, flax and whole almonds in them.

I like them because I do not like to eat as soon as I get up--I would rather eat around 9. No microwave or fridge at work, so something like a cookie/muffin/bar would be ideal.
I just haven't been the same
since that house fell on my sister.
sparrowgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:24 PM   #29
Assistant Cook
Thumbs up not really

it depends on your cookies content. if its sugar free then it is healthy. if not it is only an adding the possibility of you having cavities. try bread instead the one with less sugar of course. sugar makes you fat.
kerstenpretty21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:07 PM   #30
Head Chef
Too much food and not enough exercise makes you fat. Not brushing your teeth gives you cavities. All things in moderation. And bread is a carbohydrate which is sugar (or turns into sugar in your body) anyways... and what's with the bamboo shoots post?
a bit of whole grains, nuts, some dried fruit (like in a b'fast muffin or granola bar) and a cheese stick for protien (in addition to the nuts) is a reasonable b'fast.

Wyogal is offline   Reply With Quote