Breakfast, lite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am not at my best first thing in the morning - No, let's be honest here - I'm the Creature From the Black Lagoon! A cup of tea and don't anyone speak to me is as good as it gets. So I tend to have breakfast mid morning, about 10 o'clock when I've managed to arrive at Fairly Human.

Usually toast and marmalade or porridge or cereal with milk. If lunch is going to be late or missed I might have scrambled eggs on my toast or a bacon sandwich.

I'm with you, I can't eat on an empty stomach! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I need a pot of black coffee, then I can think about breakfast and talk to intelligent people. Pity the fool that runs up to me and starts jabbering first thing in the morning!

If I lived in a perfect world I would have a full breakfast with eggs, meat, fried potatoes, toast, and a big piece of pie, washed down with a large cold glass of milk every morning!

I usually have a piece of bacon and an egg or a bowl of oatmeal with a teaspoon of real maple syrup and a splash of skim milk.

Wholewheat lightly toasted with a dab of butter and pineapple marmalade, coffee with cream and sugar. Then I can think about eating.

I love breakfast, but I like to change it up. Toast with butter and jam or peanut butter or nutella, oatmeal with fruit and nuts, homemade muffins, croissants with jam, pancakes if I have the time, eggs with toast...always with coffee.

I love breakfast, but I like to change it up. Toast with butter and jam or peanut butter or nutella, oatmeal with fruit and nuts, homemade muffins, croissants with jam, pancakes if I have the time, eggs with toast...always with coffee.
Biscotto--many of us like to change it up for breakfast...I am somewhat predictable--two poached eggs (from the Girls), steamed greens (a mountain of them), and a whole grain or wild rice. Keeps me fueled until mid afternoon when I usually have a salad or fruit and yogurt, only eat a "hot meal" for supper a couple of times a week. I've learned to love breakfast.

If you haven't stumbled across the breakfast thread, here's the link:

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/what-have-you-had-for-breakfast-lately-70240.html

If I make my grains beforehand, I can get my breakfast ready (thanks to the microwave) in about 8-10 minutes. I allow 20-25 minutes for breakfast. I will go out and feed the Girls while the greens are steaming.

Last edited:
Btw, biscotto, the Girls are the chickens CWS raises ;)
Oops...thought that was self-evident. I don't eat my hens--there are two kinds of chickens--the ones that lay eggs, and the others that are fried. Mine aren't fried (they all have names) and I bury them when they die. I know, I'm bad. But they all have personalities, and Myrtle is very serious about being DC's virtual Therapy Chicken. She likes the idea--doesn't require a flight suit! Who knew having chickens could be so much fun!

Right now, I'm at the farm with Miss Betty White and baby (3-weeks old this week--a singleton, but MBW is only 14 months old--she did very well to hatch a chick. Chick is tentatively named Elizabeth). No wonder it takes me an hour to load the car--have to bring dog crate with MBW, baby, chick feed, momma feed, 2 dogs, cooler, computer, Internet box, clothes ... and the reverse at the other end. Doesn't everyone travel with a chicken ... well, maybe not in North America...except Mexico.

Last edited:
Oops...thought that was self-evident. I don't eat my hens--there are two kinds of chickens--the ones that lay eggs, and the others that are fried. Mine aren't fried (they all have names) and I bury them when they die. I know, I'm bad. But they all have personalities, and Myrtle is very serious about being DC's virtual Therapy Chicken. She likes the idea--doesn't require a flight suit! Who knew having chickens could be so much fun!

Right now, I'm at the farm with Miss Betty White and baby (3-weeks old this week--a singleton, but MBW is only 14 months old--she did very well to hatch a chick. Chick is tentatively named Elizabeth). No wonder it takes me an hour to load the car--have to bring dog crate with MBW, baby, chick feed, momma feed, 2 dogs, cooler, computer, Internet box, clothes ... and the reverse at the other end. Doesn't everyone travel with a chicken ... well, maybe not in North America...except Mexico.

Biscotto just joined the forum, so she may not have caught up on all the history yet ;)

And, she's suffering from morning sickness...guess she and the Royals can expect a baby around the same time...all I get for babies are baby chicks.:huh:

Morning sickness? She said she's on bed rest - not the usual treatment for typical morning sickness. Bed rest usually comes later in a pregnancy, if it's necessary.

Back
Top Bottom