Butter is Good!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here, here, Addie.

I can't remember when I last bought "marge" and we never ate it on bread when I was a little girl despite being on the tail-end of post-war rationing. "Marge" was reserved for baking (usually "Stork" margarine which was marketed in the '50s and '60s as having 10% butter in it) as it was supposed to make the best cakes (more advertising hype even back then).

I almost always bake with butter now as the flavour is better than margarine. Let's face it cake isn't the most healthy food in the world anyway but a little isn't going to kill us on the spot.

When I was very little and I banged my head a little dab of butter was rubbed on the sore part by Grandma - I was convinced that it made me feel better. Even worse was my Aunt who soothed all upsets, whether physical or emotional, with the corner cut off a "tin" loaf of bread and slathered with butter and dipped in sugar! I should be dead but I'm 67 and, in my doctor's words, "disgustingly healthy!

Thank you.
I have to have checkups every six months with the health plan I am on. We always get the results of all the tests sent to us via computer. It is a program for those who have a computer at home, called My Chart. I print out the results of the last batch when I go for my next checkup. And I ask questions. It seems that since I lost all the weight, my numbers are right at Excellent to a bit lower. And it not because I changed my diet any. I still love the fat on a good steak. And butter, Glorious Butter, is a food from the gods. If I didn't realize that it is a very stupid idea, I would take a stick of butter and put a popsicle stick in one end. A stick each day.

My doctor tells me he is not sure what I am doing right other than the weight loss, but keep doing it. The only difference is do to lack of hard physical movement, my appetite has diminished drastically. I was using salad plates before. Now I use a smaller sandwich plate for my meals. But I always have to have butter. :angel:

FWIW, an uncle of mine swore he ate an entire stick of butter before he and his missus would go out for the night if drinking was going to be involved. Swore it coated his stomach so he wouldn't get drunk. I don't know if it worked, but it didn't kill him. Neither did the drinking. And he lived well into his 80s.

He just might have polished off 1/4 pound of butter, too. I had seen him eat a couple tablespoons full right off his spoon just to get my aunt (different aunt, not his wife) grossed out. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom