"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 08-09-2009, 09:21 PM   #11
Everymom

Hmmm. Cool thread. I think freefallin's answers are likely the most helpful for you so far. I'd go heavy on the protein and rice as well. Sounds like just the ticket, and low fat too.

Chipotle? Why that in particular if you don't mind me asking?

Old 08-09-2009, 09:37 PM   #12
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Hmmm. Cool thread. I think freefallin's answers are likely the most helpful for you so far. I'd go heavy on the protein and rice as well. Sounds like just the ticket, and low fat too.

Chipotle? Why that in particular if you don't mind me asking?
lots of calories, protein, mainly for the good taste, get to pick what makes up my burrito, also the location...theres one near the end of my bike/run loop so it's convenient...One of my friends who I train with did it, and I guess I just 'picked it up'. I usually get double meat to add some more protein in with it.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:45 PM   #13
Everymom

Is Chipotle the name of a restaurant? In my world its just a pepper.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:58 PM   #14
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Is Chipotle the name of a restaurant? In my world its just a pepper.
Yeah, sorry...Didn't think for a second, Chipotle is a popular restraunt in the US that specializes in burritos. Chipotle: Gourmet Burritos and Tacos
Old 08-09-2009, 10:00 PM   #15
Everymom

I see. Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't getting it for a bit!
Old 09-07-2009, 03:52 PM   #16
Master Chef

Hmmm... I had a friend when I was in the service who had a serious metabolism problem. This was in the early 70s and such products as Ensure weren't available, if they were invented at all. Because she ate in the chow hall and lived in the barracks her options were very limited (by the way, for the rest of us gals, the calorie load of chow hall food was deadly, we all gained huge amounts). Her doctor had her taking a package of Carnation instant breakfast with her and stirring it into a glass of milk at each meal. That way she managed to maintain the minimum weight the Air Force had for her height at the time. Now there are lots of health drinks to help you if you start losing weight. Also nutrition bars. Oh, I'm with those who never heard of chipotle (aside from the pepper). Hmmm, maybe I haven't traveled in too long!