Calories in Kumquats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder if the caloric value is different for the oblong/vs/the round. I know the round is always much sweeter than the oblong.

I have never seen them round. I didn't even know that existed. I learned something new today.

I always thought the "round" kumquats were really the good old Calamondin Orange of houseplant fame, since I believe it is a member of the kumquat family. But the fruit of those is very "tangy", is really only good for recipes with sugar added - like orangeade, etc.

Diane1415 said:
I guess not
at 13 calories for 19 gramms
Sorry if I offended you or something though, I'm not trying to act like I think you're stupid. But I know this couple who count the calories in stuff like lettuce and they're just being rediculously obsessive. But if its something sweet I guess you had a reason to wonder if it could be something with hidden uncarmelized carbs or something.

Diane1415 said:
No, I wasn't offended. I am logging everything I eat with calories not to exceed 1350 and somedays I get very close to it and I didn't want to go over, though I usually don't exceed 1200.

Not to be nosy, but I've been working on nutrition a LOT lately, and I just thought that seems a little low.

Are you a fairly small person?

Yeah, I thought that seemed low, but I guess I can't say too much, I was also eating about 200 under my BMR for several weeks when I first started because it felt okay, but as I got more active (weights + cardio = something every day), I found I had to start eating more to maintain comfort.

Good luck with the weight loss! Oh, and PM me if you want a link to a great fitness/health forum that's geared specifically towards people wanting to make transformations in their lives.

what does one do with a kumquat, eat it raw like an apple, looking for some good low cal snacks that won't kill my diet and are a bit different.

Back
Top Bottom