"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2017, 10:48 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

So, if it's laughable about doing one's own research, and it's not about an individual, and it's not that complicated, but again, it's a cultural phenomenon, who should dictate what we should eat?

Do we need a dictator?

Old 08-12-2017, 11:07 PM   #32
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
So, if it's laughable about doing one's own research, and it's not about an individual, and it's not that complicated, but again, it's a cultural phenomenon, who should dictate what we should eat?

Do we need a dictator?

Great idea! I recommend a pot smoking leader from France. He would be the French fried 'tater.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:13 PM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

Lol, he could just be called Le Frites Etre Obei.
Old 08-13-2017, 04:44 AM   #34
Head Chef

Quote:
Absurd | Define Absurd at Dictionary.com
Absurd | Define Absurd at Dictionary.com
1. Absurd, ridiculous, preposterous all mean inconsistent with reason or common sense. Absurd means utterly opposed to truth or reason: an absurd claim. Ridiculous implies that something is fit only to be laughed at, perhaps contemptuously: a ridiculous.
‎Absurdly ‎Ad absurdum ‎Absurdist ‎Absurd, theater of the
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
Hogwash. If there's one thing consistent about so-called "experts," it's that they're consistently wrong.
Steve, I wish you realized the absurdity of that statement. The creators of the intentionally absurd comedic video that you use to support it would be amused.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie
I would no more to have the nerve to tell anyone how to live their life or even what foods to eat. I know what works for me. I haven't a clue to what works for others. Nor is it my business.
Addie, is someone in DC telling you what to eat? I'm certainly not. The author of the Huffington Post article isn't either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
Each of us makes our own choices, of course. Just beware. There are people and institutions who do not give a whit about our welfare, that are, for profit, prestige, or power, trying to influence our decisions. Deceptive scientific and academic references are often used. If that fails, attacks on science and rational thought are employed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
Do we need a dictator?
Much can be said about that question, Tom. But I am forbidden by the forum ban on politics from discussing it.

Old bachelor cook
skilletlicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:16 AM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilletlicker View Post
Steve, I wish you realized the absurdity of that statement. The creators of the intentionally absurd comedic video that you use to support it would be amused.

Addie, is someone in DC telling you what to eat? I'm certainly not. The author of the Huffington Post article isn't either.

Each of us makes our own choices, of course. Just beware. There are people and institutions who do not give a whit about our welfare, that are, for profit, prestige, or power, trying to influence our decisions. Deceptive scientific and academic references are often used. If that fails, attacks on science and rational thought are employed.

Much can be said about that question, Tom. But I am forbidden by the forum ban on politics from discussing it.
+1..
Old 08-13-2017, 09:24 AM   #36
Wine Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilletlicker View Post
Dude, I'm not sure what's in those skillets you're lickin', but you might want to ease up a bit.

Tags
eating