"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 02-25-2006, 10:57 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

Cooking for Health

I have recently given the boot to all my metal cookware and returned to glass and clay as my mother used many many years ago. But finding something to cook eggs or anything else that best fried, is very difficult. Can anyone help me find 'enert' cookware for the stove top? Try boiling water in your stainless cookware, then taste the water! It most definitely emits small amounts of metal into our food. Only one of the hundreds of reasons cancer deaths in the west have now surpassed births. Just that alone, along with eating ONLY ORGANIC FOODS can add YEARS of healthy living to your life and your families. Not to mention doing semi annual cleanses of your organs cheaply and easily. But don' tell a large drug company or medical community this, it might change their LARGE CASH FLOW enormously. And they don't want that!! When it's all about the money? You know the rest.
oops....sorry, i get carried away. And that is only the TIP of the iceberg. Barely the tip.

Old 02-25-2006, 01:02 PM   #2
Senior Cook

That's interesting about the metal cookware thing, I've never heard of it being bad for you. Although Martha Stewart did mention that using aluminum foil might give you Alzheimer's. Is there a website about this subject?

Old 02-25-2006, 01:08 PM   #3
Chief Eating Officer

I do not believe that the metals that we cook with are harmful to your health. It has never been proven that aluminum was linked to alzheimers. That was a theory for a while, but no proof or link was ever found. Your body actually needs some of the things it can get from metals so for some people there are even health benefits such as people who are anemic cooking with cast iron.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:11 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

i'm curious sidney, what harmful chemicals do stainless steel and cast iron leach into food?
i know about leaded glass and crystal being bad for you, especially when storing alcohol in them, but i've never heard of stainless steel and cast iron being n.g..

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 01:30 PM   #5
Certified Pretend Chef

Of course, you'll have to be careful that the clay pots you use don't contain lead and that they are properly glazed to prevent acidic foods from leaching chemicals out of the clay when you cook.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:09 PM   #6
Assistant Cook

Hi Anau: Go to 'natural cures.com' or buy the book "Natural Cures "THEY" Don't Want you to know about" by Kevin Trudeau. It will BLOW you away and also make you MAD!! A MUST for every family on the planet but the medical community would be tipped upside down. The fourth leading cause of death in North America? DOCTORS. Their training and 90% of medical research is mis-directed. We don't need more drugs and more surgeries, we need cures that address the source of illness and not the symptoms. Natural cures are VERY VERY effective and VERY CHEAP. We don't get headaches because of a deficiency in aspirin. But many things are controlled by the biggest industry on the planet, the DRUG INDUSTRY. They don't want 80% of illness to disappear, are you kiddding? But get the book, it will change your life! Also look for Hulda Clarke's book, "The Cure for all diseases", she has other books as well. She's like the 'seasheppard' of natural cures and was even jailed once as a grandmother endorsing natural cures and natural foods. Corruption is widespread so we must research and educate ourselves. These are good places to start. Remember, any of this is only my opinion. Nothing else. But also remember, "It's always just about the money" and protecing the source of this HUGE cash flow.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" Albert Einstein.
*This is only my opinion.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:12 PM   #7
Everymom

Sidney, Visions (by Corning) makes a frying pan that you can use on your stovetop. It is glass so you will feel comfortable using it.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:35 PM   #8
Assistant Cook

Thanks Alix. I had visions 20 years ago. The pots were fine but in the frying pan everything seemed to stick badly. Guess i need to use more oil? Pure virgin organic olive oil i guess. For me anyway. I'm also back to real butter, 'organic' @$8.00 a pound, after i chucked my soya margarine. If man messed with it? Don't eat it.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" Albert Einstein.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:11 PM   #9
Everymom

Use lots of butter or sunflower oil. There are studies out now suggesting that it is safer at high temps than olive oil.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:55 PM   #10
Senior Cook

really butter? doesn't butter burn quickly?