Cooking healthier - ideas or suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just remembered - a lot of this this food blog is dedicated to South Beach diet (low-carb) recipes, and they look and sound great: Kalyn's Kitchen

btw, salmon poached in white wine and water with lemon, peppercorns and tarragon is wonderful.

HTH.

There's a magazine called Cooking Light that I subscribe to. I think they're having a free 2 issue trial going on. There's lots of great recipes there.

There's a magazine called Cooking Light that I subscribe to. I think they're having a free 2 issue trial going on. There's lots of great recipes there.

I'm a huge fan of CL. Have the Mastercook program on my puter for years. You can add your own recipies, & see a breakdown of numbers. Visit their website.

I try to eat salads, veggies & fruit, as often as I can & use fresh seasonal ingreds. Lay off the heavy sauces, deep fried foods & adding tons of cheese, scale down on bread with every meal. When you food shop, look at the foods in the outside parameters of the market - i.e. produce, fresh fruit & veggies, seafood - rather than the inside food aisles. Read, read, read the labels. Use fresh herbs to season food & grill or broil w citrus juice whenever possible. Avoid impulse buying - particularly in the check-out line - candy etc. And, diet soda will put on the weight, faster than you can imagine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom