Damage Control....how bad did you do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Caroleaine and Elaine, both your posts prove that stress has such an insipid way of wreaking havoc with our appetites. I wish you both a healthy new year.

While my boyfriend and I are looking forward to the day we can merge our homes...for now, it's very convenient that I still can send everything I make over the weekend home with him. Would you like to send him some of your leftovers, too??;)

LOL - one of my sons lives across the street from me - along with my DIL, two granddaughters and my grandson ... what are leftovers??? :wacko:

I only weigh myself when my pants start to feel tight and yep, they started feeling tight right around Christmas! I gained 4 pounds and it's all ya'll's fault! Before I joined DC I couldn't make anything that tasted good enough for anyone to overeat!!!

I gained about 2 1/2 pounds. Not too bad, but I'm back on the wagon re carbs, etc. I attribute the gain to inactivity, since I was up North in below freezing, windy weather and didn't do my usual walking, etc.

I put on 3 Kilos during 2 weeks of Christmas and New Year. I have lost one of them. Hopefully the other 2 will disapear over the next 2 weeks with healthy eating.
But I have to say it was worth it. :pig:

Mel

While my boyfriend and I are looking forward to the day we can merge our homes...for now, it's very convenient that I still can send everything I make over the weekend home with him. Would you like to send him some of your leftovers, too??;)
That is a GREAT idea!
I'll bring 'em out, I haven't been back to New York (and vicinity) in about 15 years. (Born in the Bronx). But I doubt he needs mine with your talent around! :)

Good for you! Remember, a gym is only as good as how many times you go! I usually ride about 6 miles each morning, but will do the occasional 3 plus mile walk. It takes just a hair over an hour to do about 3.30 miles. You'll love getting the fresh air, if you can do that walk outside. Again, good for you with all the success you've had so far!

Thanks VeraBlue......good luck to you too!

That reminds me of the comedian Lewis Black and his rant about soy milk: Milk doesn't need a friend!

Ah, but one good bourbon deserves two more! :angel:

And how did losing weight become about bourbon again?

John

I actually lost 3 pounds! I hiked an hour each morning while staying with my parents. It also helps that they eat extremely healthy, so not much sugary goods around to munch on!

I gained 2.25 pounds, but my weight can fluctuate 3 pounds in either direction anyway, so I'm not worried about it.

I actually lost 3 pounds! I hiked an hour each morning while staying with my parents. It also helps that they eat extremely healthy, so not much sugary goods around to munch on!

I know that had to be good...were you hiking on trails or just 'in general'?

They live in the foothills of San Jose, so I hiked all around their neighborhood. Paved streets since they live in a posh retirement community! But still hiking to me since I live in a very flat area and don't get to hike at all.

I went up to the very top and sat for a few minutes admiring the view. On a clear day you can see all the way to San Francisco! (I'm homesick already, can you tell!!?)

I maintained....and maintained.....and maintained some more! I think I'm at one of those dreaded plateaus, the scale has been stuck at 130 for almost 2 months! Oh well, I guess I just have to keep on track in order to lose my last 10 or so by Spring (fingers crossed). Good luck to everyone!

I maintained....and maintained.....and maintained some more! I think I'm at one of those dreaded plateaus, the scale has been stuck at 130 for almost 2 months! Oh well, I guess I just have to keep on track in order to lose my last 10 or so by Spring (fingers crossed). Good luck to everyone!
Change your exercise program to jumpstart your metabolism. After your body performs the same routine day in and day out for months on end, your muscles will adapt and only use the minimum amount of energy required to perform the task. Throw them a curve (pun intended) and try circuit training for a month or two.

I am having the opposite problem with a friend and with my mom. I, personally have lost my sense of smell, which goes a long way. So I'm trying to convince people to eat more, and eat more nutritionally. Roll of eyes. After spending much of my life trying to lose weight, and trying to help Mom lose weight, now I'm trying to find ways to get them to gain weight. I remember Mom saying she hated the fact that she loved food. My friend is the same. Now I'm urging high-calorie, high nutrition food on them.

Got out of the shower the other day.

Looked in the mirror.

My MaNmaries are back.

It is funny that I stepped on a scale for the first time in a long, long time, and lost quite a bit of weight. Because I am tall and large boned, it has gone un-noticed. And since my waist is the same size (must have lost it from the derriere), I didn't notice the loss. My husband and I have weighed about the same for most of our lives. We always joke about it. He or I gain or lose, then the other one has to to balance the scales.

Back
Top Bottom