Disability (SSDI).

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They haven't denied me yet. It's just taking me a ridiculously long waiting period just to try to find out if I'm qualified or not. It's this stupid ridicoulously long suspense they put people through just to get their dignity and pride!!

The landlord just told me yesterday evening that he may be giving me an eviction notice by next month if I still can't get a job or any additional funds to help me try to pay the rent. And you're right, it IS my money.

Something needs to be done about this. Isn't there someone to go to to make them move a little bit faster? Is it this much trouble even when someone is ready to sign up for SS retirement?!!

Last edited:
Good news!!!

Yay!! I found out today that I've been approved for disability payments. The first check hasn't come yet, but it should arrive soon.

But at least the stressful financial struggle that I've had to go through for over a year will be over soon. No more job hunting and being turned down or ignored for employment!!

No more putting up with those co's games!!

Last edited:
Good news!!!

I found out today that I've been approved for disability payments. The first check hasn't come yet, but it should arrive soon.

But at lease the stressful financial struggle that I've had to go through for over a year will be over soon. No more job hunting and being turned down for employment!!
This is great news, Corey. I've thought about you so often since you first started this thread and wondered how you're getting along. It shouldn't be this hard to get disability benefits but I'm glad you are finally approved. Now, just concentrate on keeping your health as good as it can be and enjoy life.

Yes CharlieD, I couldn't agree with you more!!

The system definitely IS broken and it needs to be changed badly. And yes, it's those theives and con/rip-off artists that have ruined things for EVERYONE who signs up for any kind of finanancial help!!

Some people, I won't mention race, live in one apt two or three families together an every adult probably gets a welfare check, so they are living like Kings and queens!

Then there are or were those who used to sell their food stamps to get money for drugs and booze. Still others find any means to try to cheat the system, wile those like you & I have slaved and worked most of our adult lives, and when we are not able to work and try to get financial assistance
from one of these well-known sources, they want to play games and then deny us our dignity to live out our golden years respectfully!!

These stemmers need to be weened out and bre forced to go though a CORI check when they try to file for any type of assistance!

Thank you all for helping, and please, keep in coming!
Hey, Im from Australia and we have the same problem here Im afraid. I am currently out of work due to a permanent illness that wont get any better and I am finding the same problem, no one cares and no one wants to help, if we dont have the money to pay our bills and rent, then tough, and I have no family either, and my friends have their own problems and work and their own family, I couldn't and cant intrude. I am lucky that I am in housing here, but they dont care if you cant pay your rent becauce you are sick or out of work, they just want their money, so I really know what you are going through, even if it is across the other side of the world, they are no different. My son and I just eat the basics and go no-where, how can we, and I am struggling to buy our medication, and we need it permanently, or we will end up in hospital, and that is more money, YOU JUST CANT WIN,
My heart goes out to you and I only hope and pray that you can get some sort of emergency housing or funding soon, and I am hoping that I can get a part time job that I can do successfully enough to keep it, Good luck to you.
From Spiritwolf in Aussie Land.:neutral:
Oh and believe me I know who you are talking about when you mention those who live together and pool all their money, all 3 or 4 or 5 families living together, we know who they are, believe me, we have them here in Australia too, and esp. where I live, trying to get money off of me and my son when we walk to the shop to buy our food, and they get paid more than us, we know who they are. I HATE IT so does everybody, but hey , what can we do, without the police getting involved, I have phoned the police so many times about them, and they move them on and the minute the police are gone , THEIR BACK, give us a break, What can we do??.

Good news!!!

I found out today that I've been approved for disability payments. The first check hasn't come yet, but it should arrive soon.

But at least the stressful financial struggle that I've had to go through for over a year will be over soon. No more job hunting and being turned down for employment!!
:)Well done Corey, Good Luck to you, hopefully now you can sleep at night, a bit anyway.

Thank you all for your continued support!!!

Yes SpiritWolf, and I'll sleep even better when the first check arrives!

Have to pay up the landlord and the utilities so that I can get back on track and start living a decent life again!

I'm so glad that I wasn't turned down! That would have meant possibly waiting another six months or more and I might not have seen any money from them until this coming summer!

The financial strain will soon be over. Thanks again, guys!

Last edited:
My retro check came, I paid up the rent to next month and all the utility bills, even the cable bill!

Bought a few new toys (a brand new laptop pc, 26" HD flat screen tv, Fooodsaver and a DVR) and still got some money left over!!

Boy! Feels so good to be able to pay the bills again! Never thought that I'd say that! I'm so happy! I'll get a disability check every month from now on!

Thanks again guys for all your continued support!

Last edited:
My retro check came, I paid up the rent to next month and all the utility bills, even the cable bill!

Bought a few new toys (a brand new laptop pc, 26" flat screen tv, vacuum sealer) and still got money left over!!

Boy! Feels so good to be able to pay the bills again! Never thought that I'd say that! I'm so happy! I'll get a disability check every month from now on!

Thanks again guys for your continued support!

Feels good, don't it :) Good luck to you
thumbsup.gif

Glad to see you got your back SSI! I'm sure it's a load off not having to worry about it. And best of luck to you, too, SpiritWolf- hopefully you'll catch a lucky break as well.

Thanx, but everyone seems a little bit confused. I'm on SSDI, not SSI.

SSDI is disabilty. SSI is Supplemental Security Income. Disability gives you more money per month - which is what I wanted and got.

No problem.

Now I got it all planned on how to keep the rent and utility bills paid so that nothing ever gets behind again!

Get your Senator involved. I once had trouble with the S S and couldn't any where till I wrote my Senator, that really lit a fire under them. Good Luck

I got the benefit.

One of my next moves also was to get a lawyer if they were to turn me down. Or aquire a leagal aid service.

Back
Top Bottom