"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets
Old 03-31-2006, 07:02 PM   #21
Senior Cook
Originally Posted by Claire
But you are trying to mold your body's natural needs to someone whose body's needs are definitely different from yours (supper at 3 a.m.?). Sometimes to make a marriage work you need to agree to disagree. Please eat when you need to eat. You can always sit with husband at 3 a.m. and keep him company with a few bites. Trust me, 3 a.m. is not a normal time to eat dinner, and if your body wants food at noon, 4 p.m. and 7 p.m., then feed yourself good food at those times.
Well, I tried eating when he eats for a couple days, and I felt sick, so I stopped doing it.

I should have said that we both work nights. We usually wake up at 3pm and go to bed around 7 am. I get hungry every four hours (precise as a clock) but not hungry for a lot of food. I think it's also harder for me to eat when I'm stressed, so I tend to just take a few bites of something. But I've been careful not to completely skip meals.

(edit) Also I forgot to say that going without food for 12 hours isn't his preference (breakfast at 3pm, dinner at 3am) but he works a harsh schedule, 6pm to 6am in a corrections facility and that is when he gets his dinner break most of the time. It's a hard job for sure...

biev is offline   Reply With Quote