Do you know what this is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

di reston

Sous Chef
On this evening's news on television, they talked about something called
"The impossible burgers", produced in the USA, that's supposed to be super healthy. No meat. Plenty of very healthy other ingredients......etc. Have you heard of this?. I'm intrigued. Can anyone enlighten me? Is it real, or is it a hoax? My mail isn't a hoax. I genuinely wish to be able to shed light on this!

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

Yes, it is for real. There are several videos on YouTube of chef's and skeptics trying them. They are not widely available, yet. I want to try one, just to see if they really are as good as they are claimed to be.

CD

I'd like to try it, too. My wife eats a lot of veggie burgers. Most are pretty bad, just mushy veggies in patty form.
If you're lucky, they might at least have a decent crust.
I'd like to find a good one that resembles meat.

Update: There is a place called Liberty Burger a few miles from me that has the Impossible Burger. I should have guessed we'd have them in my town. We have everything here, these days. I need to go there, and do a review.

CD

I like regular burgers and would not consider these. Whats wrong with a real beef pattie.
I guess this is an option for those who don't eat meat. I eat meat and eat it regularly.

I like regular burgers and would not consider these. Whats wrong with a real beef pattie.
I guess this is an option for those who don't eat meat. I eat meat and eat it regularly.

Some people can't eat meat, like our own powerplantop on the forum. Others limit meat intake, like my friend who has a history of heart disease in his family. As for me, I plan to eat one just for the culinary adventure.

I love meat, like most Americans, but most of all, I love good food, and if I can eat something good that has the side benefit of being healthier, I'm all over that.

CD

Back
Top Bottom