Do you overeat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep ...i do....every day again....i love food and i can't leave rests of food on the table....so when every one is finished i'll start to eat the leftover's!!!! That's my big problem......i can't get enough!!! I just love everything....so when we're out for dinner at a friends house they don't ask anymore what they should cook...it's just: Ok, Verena eats everything!!!!

Hello Redkitty:)

I overeat on Sundays, and on special days like birthdays. On other days I watch my waistline.

Mel

I don't, but I have a friend who does.

This guy is like a building with feet, and he eats practically like a person in an eating contest! He eats at least two full plates of food compared to my one.

One bowl of cereal isn't enough for him either. He has to have at least two. Four eggs and four slices of toast are his normal breakfast. And he drinks soda like it's going out of style! And he eats at least two sandwiches for lunch.

But then at night, he suffers from heartburn, which I think he might have acid reflux disease. I suggested to him that he ask his doc about the heartburn.

I love him dearly, but I worry about him and I think that he might have some kind of eating disorder.

Last edited:
Oh I can overeat. Actually, all of us here in this house do it all the time. I've put on about 10 pounds since I stopped working. Blah! I hate it but that's just life. Thing is I indulge with sweets. Why on earth were carbs created?

A low-carb diet won't work for me because I'm a diabetic.

At the low end of the spectrum, I often start to go into a HYPOGLYSEMIC attack because the blood glucose level gets sort of dangerously low.

I need to eat or drink something sweet and something starchy to keep me out of danger. It helps keep the glucose level evenly balanced.

I tend to graze throughout the day, eating 6 or more small meals or snacks. I am a diabetic, too, and on multiple daily injections (4 shots/day). I find that eating small amounts often helps to balance the BG more than 3 big meals. Plus, I get to have a larger variety of foods. I don't really plan my meals, just keep a lot of the healthy basics stocked up. If I want to pig out on something, I'll make sure to load it up with high fiber fillers, so I get full quicker. I do this with my favorite food, enchiladas. Instead of meat, I'll do black beans, corn, and onion as a filler. I eat the same volume of food that way, but fewer calories.

There is a book out there called "Volumetrics" that my dietician recommended that employs this strategy.

Back
Top Bottom