Do you throw out your egg yolks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In my humble and politically incorrect opinion, only in America and a few other spoiled countries, would people be talking about throwing away egg yolks.

Tell me about it!! when my daughter was over from the US last year she would cook herself 6 boiled eggs for breakfast then throw the yolks away.
If only she'd separated the eggs first, I could have frozen them and when needed, defrosted and used them in mayo. TSK!!!

Tell me about it!! when my daughter was over from the US last year she would cook herself 6 boiled eggs for breakfast then throw the yolks away.
If only she'd separated the eggs first, I could have frozen them and when needed, defrosted and used them in mayo. TSK!!!
The yolks are also great for making a rich ice cream without having to add a ton of heavy cream.

I'm on a high protein, low fat/carb diet right now. My wife and I ate 12 egg whites for breakfast but I'm really hesitant to throw out a dozen egg yolks. Do you just throw away yours?

I do have 3 young boys. Is there anything I can make with 12 yolks that they would enjoy?

Actually the egg whites are worse than the egg yolks. Egg whites destroy
the biotin in your body.

Frank 2022

Actually the egg whites are worse than the egg yolks. Egg whites destroy
the biotin in your body.

Frank 2022

I believe that is only if the egg whites are eaten raw, cooking the eggs negates the possible side-effects.

I believe that is only if the egg whites are eaten raw, cooking the eggs negates the possible side-effects.

True, the egg whites must be eaten raw to have this potential effect. Also, there are so many sources of biotin in common foods and the body needs so little, harm from this is rare.

Back
Top Bottom