"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,873
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Thanks Harry. My lemongrass has gone mouldy. Well, the stems are dry and not mouldy. Should I use the stems or substitute lemon?
__________________

__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:28 PM   #12
Executive Chef
 
Harry Cobean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 2,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Thanks Harry. My lemongrass has gone mouldy. Well, the stems are dry and not mouldy. Should I use the stems or substitute lemon?
can't really go mouldy,'cos of all the antibacterial properties that it has.i'd just peel off the dry outer leaves then crack on,tax.lemon,like lemongrass,is good for vit c,but it doesn't have the same anti bac,anti inflammatory or digestive benefits that lemongrass has.
__________________

__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze,birds & fast cars.The rest I just squandered.
Harry Cobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,873
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cobean View Post
can't really go mouldy,'cos of all the antibacterial properties that it has.i'd just peel off the dry outer leaves then crack on,tax.lemon,like lemongrass,is good for vit c,but it doesn't have the same anti bac,anti inflammatory or digestive benefits that lemongrass has.
I guess my lemongrass has been in the fridge a looonnngg time. It was mouldy all the way in to the centre.

I'll make do with lemon until we feel well enough to drive to an Asian store. This time it's going in the freezer.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #14
Executive Chef
 
Harry Cobean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 2,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I guess my lemongrass has been in the fridge a looonnngg time. It was mouldy all the way in to the centre.

I'll make do with lemon until we feel well enough to drive to an Asian store. This time it's going in the freezer.
sheesh tax,it musta been in there for yonks.was the label in hieroglyphics,or what?!!
__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze,birds & fast cars.The rest I just squandered.
Harry Cobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:11 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,873
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cobean View Post
sheesh tax,it musta been in there for yonks.was the label in hieroglyphics,or what?!!
no label. It might predate writing.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 04:37 AM   #16
Executive Chef
 
Harry Cobean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 2,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
no label. It might predate writing.
sheesh,that is old.deserves a decent burial & headstone..."the unknown lemongrass,felled in taxlady's fridge rip"!!
__________________

__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze,birds & fast cars.The rest I just squandered.
Harry Cobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.