"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 12-27-2013, 06:03 AM   #1
Executive Chef

Dr. Harry's chrimbo cure all!!

roll up!roll up!noticed a few members suffering from aches,pains & upset tums etc,recently,so here's dr harry's chrimbo cure all,guaranteed to work or your money back,ladies & gents!!
i absolutely avoid pills,potions & tablets like the plague,always preferring to find a natural,herbal remedy first.ginger,lemongrass & honey.that's it!!ginger,lemongrass & honey all have many benefits including anti inflammatory,soothing & antibacterial properties in addition to being a great source of vitamins/minerals.not to mention a bloody delicious combination too!!sooooo,if you have an upset tum,headache,aches & pains or are just "down in the dumps" this is for you & dead simps too!
i make mine in my cafetiere,first thing in the morning & just pour off/drink cups throughout the day,either hot,reheated in the micro or cold...everyday,whether i feel unwell(which i very rarely do)or not...just 'cos it tastes so good!!
6 or 7 thin slices of fresh ginger,one lemongrass stem bashed with your meat tenderiser hammer & as much/little honey as you like.i use orange blossom 'cos it tastes nice & has additional vit c in it.pop it all in your teapot or whatever,pour on boiling water,stir & leave to infuse for 5-10 mins,drink,enjoy,feel better!! that's it,simps!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CHRIMBO CURE ALL 001.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	20367   Click image for larger version

Name:	CHRIMBO CURE ALL 002.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	20368  

Click image for larger version

Name:	CHRIMBO CURE ALL 003.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	20369  

Old 12-27-2013, 06:19 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Do you drink that "as is" or is this like a concentrate?
It doesn't seem like you have a lot there for being able to drink it all day. Unless it's just a swallow or two here and there.

Old 12-27-2013, 06:32 AM   #3
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Do you drink that "as is" or is this like a concentrate?
It doesn't seem like you have a lot there for being able to drink it all day. Unless it's just a swallow or two here and there.
nope,just drink it as is,pac.i'd already drunk most of the contents when i took the pic.i just raised the plunger to show the ingredients & i only made up about 75% of capacity.my cafetiere holds 4 mugs/8 coffee cups of liquid,so it lasts most of the day.i sometimes make up a second batch in the evening too,it really is deeeeelish as well as being good for you!!should say that if i'm making up the maximum amount,i would probably use 2 lemongrass stalks,10 slices of ginger & adjust the honey content accordingly.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:14 AM   #4
Senior Cook

Needs booze. :)
Old 12-27-2013, 07:23 AM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks, Harry. Part of my problem is a very sore throat. This sounds like just the ticket

Although yesterday, I had a mug of hot chocolate with a splash of Godiva chocolate liqueur in it, which also hit the spot

Mac, a splash of rum would make this very similar to a hot toddy - it just swaps lemongrass for lemon juice.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:12 AM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cobean View Post
nope,just drink it as is,pac.i'd already drunk most of the contents when i took the pic.i just raised the plunger to show the ingredients & i only made up about 75% of capacity.my cafetiere holds 4 mugs/8 coffee cups of liquid,so it lasts most of the day.i sometimes make up a second batch in the evening too,it really is deeeeelish as well as being good for you!!should say that if i'm making up the maximum amount,i would probably use 2 lemongrass stalks,10 slices of ginger & adjust the honey content accordingly.
Thanks. That answers my question
Old 12-27-2013, 11:53 AM   #7
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgyver1968 View Post
Needs booze. :)
EVERYTHING needs booze,mate!!finished me wild turkey 81 but,luckily,one of me ladies bought me a bottle of buffalo trace bourbon for xmas.oh boyshe can definitely stay on the list!!
Old 12-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Thanks, Harry. Part of my problem is a very sore throat. This sounds like just the ticket

Although yesterday, I had a mug of hot chocolate with a splash of Godiva chocolate liqueur in it, which also hit the spot

Mac, a splash of rum would make this very similar to a hot toddy - it just swaps lemongrass for lemon juice.
guaranteed matey!!crammed with vit c & antibacterial stuff.i sometimes zizz it up with one of the orange flavoured liqueurs like cointreau.the orange flavour works well with the lemongrass/ginger & it's 40% by volume/80 proof,so it "kicks ass" as you guy's would say.you can also sell it to yourself on the basis that,being an orange flavoured liqueur,it's additional vit c...that's right,'innit?!!!
Old 12-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

I just happen to have a bottle of Cointreau in the cabinet, for my Cosmos, Harry! Definitely need extra Vitamin C, too!
Old 12-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #10
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I just happen to have a bottle of Cointreau in the cabinet, for my Cosmos, Harry! Definitely need extra Vitamin C, too!
......then zizz away gg,it's good for ya,doctors orders!!