"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 08-11-2003, 09:26 AM   #1
Cook

Send a message via AIM to esther
Eat right for your blood type diet?

has anyone had any success on the eat right for your blood type diet?
in terms of general health and wellbeing, immunity and weightloss.
feel free to share experiences or testamonials.
thanks

Old 08-12-2003, 12:01 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Hi esther - I have read about eating according to your blood type but have never really studies it - I'm going to see if I can find any information on it today to see what it says.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 08:30 AM   #3
Cook

Send a message via AIM to esther
thanks kitchenelf. i found heaps of info on it, i just want to know if anyone has had success with it. thanks a lot!
so just thought id write about something interesting i saw. right now, im in the north of israel, in the mountains of safed, a little city currently populated by throngs of tourists and people from all over who have come for Klezmer, a three day mad music festival up here. so all the street food vendors are out, trying to make some business. i see these ppl making whats called Druzi Pita. the Druzis are a people, not jewish, not muslim. they live around here, and they are a friendly and passive nations. so they make a thin dough from flour, water and salt. spread it really thin, so its a huge thin thin circle of dough. they thin it out on what looks like a huge round pillow and then cook it quickly on a sort of cast iron dome over a fire. they they fill if with cheeses and lots of zaatar (hysop- another unreal and awesome herb found growing widly here) and fold it up and sell it. looks good.
alright, enough about that.
Old 08-13-2003, 09:18 AM   #4
Senior Cook

((I forgot to sign in - this is kitchenelf!)

Wow - the food sounds wonderful that you described!!!!! I was just curious about my "diet" and of course, I was in the class that should eat more grains, veggies, etc. Dang, why can't I be in the group that has to eat more cheeseburgers?????

Take care esther and eat some music festival food for me!!!!
Old 09-08-2003, 11:20 PM   #5
Assistant Cook

:? So just what is an A Positive supposed to eat?????????
At 52, my cholesterol is excellent, my bone density is great, my weight is just fine, and so is my blood count. According to my doctor, I'm in the physical shape of someone at least 20 years younger than I actually am.
I eat and drink what I want, when I want. I'm not into "sweets"....and I don't eat large meals, ever. I happen to like veggies and fruits. And while I HATE milk, and always have, I love cheese. I also like variety in foods...and rarely eat meat. I know back in the olden days (1980's) there was a fad ..."grazing"...which is basically what I do naturally. I know that when I had to adhere to a strict 3 big meals a day ( when married briefly to the dominating psychologist....! ) I gained weight, but the actual amounts of food was not different that if I'd eaten on my personal "grazing" preference!
Old 01-05-2004, 05:03 PM   #6
DC Grandma

Eat right for your blood type

Hi Kitchenelf.
I just found this discussion and wondered where you found the info. I am O Pos. since I have dieted most of my life on and off, why not try one more....
Dove

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 08:04 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
No, I never did get to check out much on this topic. I myself have started the Body For Life program. It's not difficult at all - The first week I lost 3 pounds without trying - but I know at first it will come off quicker anyway. Since I quit taking estrogen I've lost a total of 8 pounds - I swear that stuff makes you gain weight right smack dab around the middle - and then it moves around!! LOL

The food on Body For Life is wonderful - I don't mind the low fat, sugar-free stuff at all. They say on some things to use the NO fat but I'm not going to gag while I eat - I might lose slower but I don't care, low fat is as far as I'm going. I bought the Eating For Life cookbook and have had no problem following this program.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 12:13 PM   #8
Assistant Cook

I went on the blood type diet for about one summer. I'm A- and I got a book on the subject, I was pretty strict about keeping to it. I ate the foods they wanted me to, but whenever I wanted. I really didn't read any meal plans.

I found that the foods that the book told me not to eat were ones that made me feel pretty bad anyway. These are the lists posted on what you should eat according to your blood type
http://www.foodforyourblood.com/site/foodlists.html

I was not overweight but I lost 10 lbs while I was on it, and I've gained only a few pounds back, but I eat sugar alot so that's my own fault ;)

I try to keep to a general guideline, even though i'm officially off that diet. I never went back to dairy products, and I eat less dark meat. I think it's a great diet, and even though it's considered 'fad' it helped me in the long run.
I think it's pretty cool!
Old 03-25-2004, 02:12 PM   #9
Assistant Cook

blood type

Do i have to make an special analisys to know the food i can or i cannot eat or is it just the blood type what define the diet i should follow.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:27 AM   #10
Assistant Cook

It's just according to your bloodtype