"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 11-15-2008, 09:52 PM   #11
Master Chef

oh, goodness........there are so many out there.........if you're not allergic chamomile tea is great for menstrual cramps as well as a warm bath or microwaveable hot pad over your pelvic area...........my grandmother grew it in her garden........chopped ginger in boiling water and cooled is fantastic for dodgy stomachs.......said this before and will say it again.......pregnant women can take it for morning sickness as long as they clear it with their doctors first.........pregnant women shouldn't take ANYTHING whether it's natural, herbal, etc.........without clearing it with their doctors first.....they know you better than anyone.......I'll post others but I'm tired now and can't take caffeine..........:)

Old 11-16-2008, 12:31 AM   #12
Head Chef

A wee bit of chicken in chicken broth with several whole cloves of garlic simmered and sniffed regularly then some toast - smoosh the garlic cloves onto the toast, eat and drink the broth - rhino-virus will be frightened away as well any vampires or other evil spirits....and your signifigant other will leave you alone so that you can sleep as well!

Old 11-16-2008, 11:02 AM   #13
Everymom

Got anything to heal the meniscus in my knee?
Old 11-16-2008, 01:06 PM   #14
Master Chef

don't go anwhere near people and soak in some epsom salts for about 30 minutes and then liberally spread some Ben Gay............if you have one of those heat wraps wrap that around your knee ..............but not with the Ben Gay.......one or the other........keep your knee elevated, Alix.......as much as you can and stay off of it........if it doesn't get any better then go see your doctor.........
Old 11-16-2008, 02:20 PM   #15
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Got anything to heal the meniscus in my knee?

SO had this and here's what she did. It worked great!

Complain for months and months that your knee hurts, finally go to a doctor and have arthroscopic knee surgery. Then actuallly go to the physical therapist and do what you're told for exercises.

These old time remedys are great!
Old 11-16-2008, 02:44 PM   #16
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post

Complain for months and months that your knee hurts, finally go to a doctor and have arthroscopic knee surgery. Then actuallly go to the physical therapist and do what you're told for exercises.

I agree Andy! Then you won't be going to the doctor for a full knee replacement and having even more exercises to do from the physio! LOL!!!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:56 AM   #17
Master Chef

It isn't a food cure, but glucosimin/condroitin supplements have really done wonders for my knees, my husband's hip, and we're working on my geriatric dog.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:50 AM   #18
Master Chef

yeah, those are really great long term helps............my hubby uses them and swears by them........
Old 11-17-2008, 04:10 PM   #19
Master Chef

For kids' ear-aches, make rice socks. It is something they can curl up to that gives comfort.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:02 PM   #20
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post

OMG, LMAO!! Went to the Dr, went to physio. Now I'm sitting on my bum trying to heal WITHOUT the surgery.

Oh and I'm doing MSM. I might have to add the Glucosamine. I have just heard differing reports on them. Going to post another thread on this so I don't TOTALLY hijack this.

OK, my time honored tip is for stings (wasp or bee) use the milky liquid from an onion on it and the pain is gone instantly.