Garlic hurts my belly!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Alix, I dont drink milk either! I've just come to the conclusion that certain foods and I don't get along, garlic, cilantro and some red wines. It's sad but it's even sadder when we don't get along for an entire evening cause I didn't listen to my belly!

Do you eat yogurt? Or do you avoid all dairy? Just thinking if you coat your tummy with something you might be able to tolerate a little bit?

No dairy. Occasionally I eat cheese, but never milk or yogurt. I just avoid those things that set me off. I guess I can live without the garlic! I dont really like cilantro so thats no biggie. But I do love red wine and that I need to stay away from, or only have one glass...which isn't so easy when you start drinking!!

Garlic gets to me too. It sucks because I love it in food. I'm Italian and a lot of what I cook calls for it. It makes me feel all bloated, like there's this huge pocket of air in my stomach that just will not go away. This happens mostly when I eat garlic but sometimes even if all I'm doing is chopping it up. I can't remember it having any effect on me before this year, so I'm confused as to why it's different now.

Back
Top Bottom