Got Belly Issues? Try Ginger!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A quarter dose of dry ginger powder is one fourth of what you would take of grated fresh ginger. You don't read well, do you? And, the grated dose is dependent on the amount that you prefer in your cup of tea. Thank you Blissful for such a nice explanation of non medical/herbal suppliments.

I read very well, which is why I'm an expert copy editor [emoji2]

This is what you said:
But although raw ginger gives the best effect, the flavor has more bite to it than most people can tolerate. Grated into a cup of tea is a common way to ingest it. Dry ginger works well, too, but only use a quarter dose of it. You can find capsules and extracts in your local health food store. Experiment with the various types of ginger to find what works best for you.

Use a quarter dose of dry ginger. A quarter of what? You don't specify, and it certainly doesn't say to use one quarter of the amount of dry ginger as you would fresh. Then you go on to encourage people to get capsules and extracts and just play around, take however much you want! Concentrated amounts of any substance can cause unwanted side effects for some people, some of them quite serious. And as I said before, there's no way to really know how much of any ingredient is in supplements (more below).

You said you posted this to provide people with information. Allow me the same privilege, even if it some of it conflicts with yours.

From http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/ginger-uses-and-risks

Optimal doses of ginger have not been set for any condition. Quality and active ingredients in supplements may vary widely from maker to maker. This makes it very hard to set a standard dose. Ask your doctor for advice.

Side effects. In small doses, ginger has few side effects.

Gas
Heartburn
Upset stomach
Mouth irritation

High doses of ginger -- more than 5 grams a day -- increase the chances of side effects. Ginger on the skin may cause a rash.

Risks. Ginger may raise the risk of bleeding. If you have a bleeding disorder, it may not be safe. Always tell your doctor about herbal medicines you take, including ginger

Interactions. If you take any medications regularly, talk to your doctor before you start using ginger supplements. They could interact with blood thinners and medications for diabetes and high blood pressure.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does regulate dietary supplements; however, it treats them like foods rather than medications. Unlike drug manufacturers, the makers of supplements don’t have to show their products are safe or effective before selling them on the market.[/QUOTE ]

Last edited:
OK, guys, enough calling out other members, OK? I'm sure we ALL have our faults that others would like to smack us down for, right? Oh, wait, most of you are perfect. :rolleyes: I forgot. Well I'm not, for sure. Mea Culpa...

Thank you, CG.

Any more rude or unkind responses will be Moderated...this was a conversation until folks started pointing fingers.

I've got belly issues..but, the way it protrudes out over my belt buckle can't be cured by ginger..trust me...
big-vodka-belly.jpg

9k=

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom