"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 04-16-2005, 06:47 PM   #1
Master Chef

Ganocafe Has anyone here heard of this stuff?

Ganoderma. They have healthy coffee and supplements.
One is suppose to help you lose weight. You can find all kinds of sites with them when you put in ganoderma in the search.
No, I am not trying to advertise, as I said, search and look on ANY site. I got a free sample of the gano cafe 3in1 and it was pretty good. But, I have spent so much money on different weight loss programs, excersise programs and I don't want to get into something else without hearing from a real person that has actually tried any of these. I can find all kinds of testimonials on their sites, but, it's too easy to show the good or faked and not the bad.

Old 04-16-2005, 06:59 PM   #2
Certified Executive Chef

never heard of it, but I think derma referns to the skin the first part of the word, no clue. if you find a link, let us know.

Old 04-16-2005, 07:20 PM   #3
Master Chef

Here's the first link that comes up on the search. It pretty much tells what Ganoderma is.
But I put a couple of others that actually sell the products containing this stuff.

First link http://kokorocentre.com/ganoderma/

http://www.realgoodcoffee.com/products.html

http://www.ganoderma-coffee.net/
Old 05-14-2005, 02:24 PM   #4
Cook

Send a message via MSN to Chef Wil Send a message via Yahoo to Chef Wil
Thank goodness, I was afraid it was going to be another super high priced coffee bean that had been pre-digested by something or other. I'm kind of skeptical about a fungi that's called an herb tho.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:52 PM   #5
Master Chef

I tried the free sample of the 3 in 1, it really is good. It has just the right amout of sugar and cream. Not too sweet at all.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:32 AM   #6
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl
I have spent so much money on different weight loss programs, excersise programs and I don't want to get into something else without hearing from a real person that has actually tried any of these.
If you want to lose weight, without throwing your body out of balance, and maintain your weight loss here is what you do: eat a balanced diet of less calories than you expend each day.

1-lb is 3,500 calories. For every 3,500 calories you eat over what you expend - you gain a pound. For every 3,500 calories you burn over what you consume - you lose a pound. For example - if you eat 3,500 calories per day and only burn 2,850 - you'll gain a pound every week. If, on the other hand, you burn 2850 calories per day and only consume 1200 ... you should lose about a pound every 3 days.

There will be some fluctuations .... but a balanced diet will give you sustained weight management.
Old 06-25-2005, 05:17 PM   #7
Master Chef

I'm bumping this back up, since we have gotten more members. Maybe someone else has heard of it now.