"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 01-19-2006, 12:45 PM   #101
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife
LOL... Maybe you could send Francesco my way. He could stand in front of my bike and I could chase him down. lol... I'm sure he's more fun to look at than the guys on "DAYS OF OUR LIVES"...
Yeah!! great idea for a new exercise routine!! you would definetely love him... he is not only cute but also a great motivator, and keeps us laughing throughout the lesson... he has a knack to make every lesson a blast!! Next time you come to Rome, I will take you to one of his classes as a guest!!

Old 01-19-2006, 12:53 PM   #102
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
YES! Thank you! It might be awhile but we will return there some day!

Old 01-19-2006, 04:29 PM   #103
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by licia
I do Curves 3 days a week, go to the gym and work out, water exercises in the pool - the other three days a week and am eating things that are good for me. I've lost 3 pounds already and hope to keep to a safe level. This is possibly the larges undertaking I've ever done for myself, but it should help me with my meds also. My doctor gave me his blessing.
I do Curves too, licia. Works for me. I don't know your age (and wouldn't dare ask), but the workout you get there is effective for all ages. At my club we have a member who is 79 (I signed her up while I was still working there), and she is doing great. She told me it was a wonderful feeling to be able to pick up her small grandchildren again.

Best of luck to you in your focus on YOU!
Old 01-19-2006, 05:04 PM   #104
Master Chef

Does shoveling snow for two and a half hours count? Actually, I don't mind shoveling snow. In fact, I do the extra work of piling it on the west-side of my Webber Kettle, to block the wind when I grilling or barbecuing something. I also make a snow fort for some little ones we baysit every now and again. It makes them hapy which makes me happy.

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 09:35 PM   #105
Head Chef

Way to go licia! Good for you...I bet after 3 months you will be hooked! I've been either walking for 3 miles or riding my indoor bike every day now since last April. I'm up to 50 minutes on the bike. This morning it was 20 degrees - warm enough to walk! I was excited! It was so nice to be outside early in the morning instead of watching the minutes tick by while on the bike...

Goodweed - snow shoveling definitely counts!!!

callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 06:02 AM   #106
Executive Chef

What really surprises me is that my body feels so much more alive. I'm not feeling sluggish at all and after only 2 weeks. My clothes are moving around a bit on me so I can tell there are changes, even if the scale shows only 3 lbs.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:50 AM   #107
Senior Cook

I walked for about 41 min. this morning.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:56 AM   #108
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
I worked out yesterday - I usually try every other day - although my abs could reallty use every day - but then I would be doing that instead of doing this, so I will work out tomorrow!
Old 01-27-2006, 11:20 AM   #109
Sous Chef

Oh yes and I think I overdid it, my backside muscles hurt when I climb the stairs!
Old 01-27-2006, 11:39 AM   #110
Executive Chef

I did a 1 hour class in aquatics. It certainly seems to be helping my arthritis. I'm no longer sore and achy when I get up in the morning. I'm thinking about doing just the aquatics at the gym for a while, along with the Curves thing until my body acclimates to the heavier exercise. The weights and machines seem to be too much with 3 days of water and 3 days of Curves - alternate days. I'm feeling so much more agile. I'm considering it my job - up first thing in the morning, either to the gym or to Curves, whichever is the proper day. I'm not weighing myself either, I will wait til I go back to the doctor - or whoever says I need to weigh, the gym or Curves. I would certainly suggest the water exercises for anyone with joint problems, of course, depending on what your doctor says.