"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 01-27-2006, 04:26 PM   #111
Assistant Cook

I've got a 10 mile run after work today...outside. Good thing we've had a mild winter so far...

Old 01-27-2006, 06:19 PM   #112
Head Chef

Anyone out there use a trampoline or rebounder for fitness? I'm going to go on a research outing this weekend. Comparing the ones you can find at a sporting store vs. all these really expensive ones online. Thanks for any info you can provide!

Old 01-27-2006, 06:30 PM   #113
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Since my last post, 21 days ago, I had not exercised until today. My bad! I went biking with my daughter this afternoon but the main workout was pulling my 3 year old in the trailer. Boy! Did I break a sweat??? My boy is getting heavy. Later, my husband rode the bike and I jogged next to him, our little one and my daughter. So we all exercised today. YEY!!!
Old 01-28-2006, 04:19 PM   #114
Master Chef

3 times this week I have done walk aerobics when I got home from work. One night with the walk aerobics I did 20 minutes of basic pilates. I have slept like a rock all week. Exercising does wonders to improve my sleeping patterns.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 03:59 PM   #115
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
Every morning, Monday through Friday, I roll out of bed at 4:30 am, take a quick hot water rinse, wash my face and brush my teeth, and I am in the gym by 5:15 for 30 minutes of intense cardio on either the eliptical trainer, the treadmill, the recumbent bicycle, or the Lifecycle. Then I return home, take a real shower, and go to work. On Mondays and Thursdays, I return to the gym between 6:30 and 7:00 pm for an hour of weight training. On either Saturday or Sunday, it's 1-1/2 hours of weight training plus 30 minutes of cardio. I very seldom skip a day.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:08 PM   #116
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Yesterday I challenged myself with almost 4 hours of activity in the gym...
starting with spinning, then worked with free weights for 45 minutes, then Body Balance (mixture of Pilates, Taichi and Yoga), then finally "Jump" (a very vigorous and upbeat aerobic dancing class)... I was quite pooped after that, however gorging on gnocchi with quattro formaggi for supper and good night's sleep I recovered pretty well, so I was back at the gym again this afternoon and did a hiphop dancing and shoot exercise(fitboxe).
6 hours of gym within 24 hours, it is amazing my body still functions!!
Old 02-08-2006, 05:06 PM   #117
Executive Chef

I've been doing a session of water exercises then some swimming on my own 3 days a week - Curves the other 3 days a week - none on Sunday. I'm feeling better and sleeping better, but I think i've hurt my left leg - it is tiring very easily - so I may have to watch for that.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:45 PM   #118
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Gee! No one's posted here since February! Has anyone exercised lately? This morning, I took my 3 year old for a stroll for 30 minutes then stopped at our neighborhood park and played in the jungle gym. I've been up all day RECHARGED and ready to do just about anything. Feels I'm going 100 miles an hour ! Love the feeling. Let's get moving you all.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:01 PM   #119
Executive Chef

I've been too busy exercising!!!Same old, Same old!
Old 03-09-2006, 12:10 AM   #120
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
no... .................................................. ...........