"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 04-17-2006, 01:27 AM   #141
Senior Cook

Thanks, he can move better than he was the last couple days, but he says his neck, back and ribs still hurt. The x-rays and cat scan showed nothing wrong though. Hopefully it's all muscle stress and bruises.

Old 04-17-2006, 02:19 AM   #142
Executive Chef

Biev, hope your dh snaps back quickly. Just noticed you are in Key West. Did it get quite warm there yesterday? I think we hit 90, but luckily there was a really good breeze all day and no humidity to speak of. Of course, that means more danger of fires, but I don't think that happened anywhere. Anyway, hope all is well with your dh right away.

Old 04-17-2006, 12:39 PM   #143
Master Chef

Yup. I tell you, on Mondays it really is a bear, but hubby rousted me out of bed and I walked to the gym. This is a minor miracle, given that we had three solid days of partying this weekend!

I also have a hard time getting my workouts in if hubby gets sick, and do better when he does better, even though we do not workout together. So far he's kept diabetes at bay by diet and exercise alone, although we don't really think that will work forever, we're sure trying. I've heard that they're trying a new med for asthmatic diabetics -- and inhaler that also delivers the insulin. It's only experimental now, but it would be great if it was a success (yes, he's both).
Old 04-17-2006, 07:13 PM   #144
Master Chef

I did 15 minutes of extreme cardio and did 30 situps
I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but, those ellipticals work every part of your body And 30 situps is good for me I haven't done any in a while. That one was part of my challenge on my weight loss forum. It was suppose to be 50, but, the burn was too much right now. I'll have to work my way up.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:59 PM   #145
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
Today was 1-1/2 hours of free weights, followed by 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer while I watched part of Good Night, and Good Luck.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:56 AM   #146
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to Quizzie
I use the Broom, Does anybody know this drill? ( without the sweeping part)
It is a great 15 minute workout. Sometimes I will do it everyday or 3 times a week. It works every muscle in your body. (good for arms) Easier stability for forward lunges.

It's good to see a health conscious group. Good luck to those trying very hard to overcome any type of weight problem.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:38 AM   #147
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine
Today was 1-1/2 hours of free weights, followed by 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer while I watched part of Good Night, and Good Luck.
Show off Good job!!
Old 04-18-2006, 07:55 PM   #148
Senior Cook

Licia, it has been crazy hot the last couple of days. I sleep in an attic that was converted into a loft, and the heat is what wakes me up! Then I don't want to move all day... bleh! But I'd take that over dealing with snowstorms any day.

Well, my love looks like he's doing better. Now we'll need to figure out how to get to the gym... no car
Old 04-18-2006, 09:01 PM   #149
Master Chef

1 mile on eliptical.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:04 PM   #150
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl
Show off Good job!!
Today it was 10 repetitions, 3 sets, on each of 16 FreeMotion machines. It took me 2 hours and 10 minutes, and two 700 ml bottles of Propel.