"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 05-17-2006, 03:32 PM   #181
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
60 minutes on the recumbant bicycle this morning while watching a movie. Pretty good movie with Bob Hoskins and the woman that plays M in the James Bond movies. It's about a nude stage show being produced in a London theatre during the WWII blitz, but I didn't see the very beginning so I have no idea what the title is.

Old 05-17-2006, 08:14 PM   #182
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to BrianMorin Send a message via Yahoo to BrianMorin Send a message via Skype™ to BrianMorin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjohn55
Run to the airport to pick up the relatives that are coming into town and staying with us to eat our salmon...

John
You forgot one thing. ...to eat our salmon...

Aad Sach Sing

- "History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte
- "History is the lie commonly agreed upon," - Voltaire
- Quis cusodiet ipsos custodes? - Who will guarde the guards? (Latin expression)
BrianMorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:23 PM   #183
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to BrianMorin Send a message via Yahoo to BrianMorin Send a message via Skype™ to BrianMorin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina
My hubby and I pay for a gym that we really never use! Argh! Doesn't that always happen? We haven't exercised in almost 5 months. I need to get back at it soon since I'm feeling the stress from work already. Good thing is I haven't gained any weight - YET.

Haven't we all done that? We get a pass to the gym, work out for months, start to feel good, something else comes up. We miss one week. No problem. A week or two down the line we miss another and another. But we feel so... Good? Not!

Haven't we all done that? Well I kind of have... This is a true story and the names have been changed to protect the guilty...

Aad Sach Sing

- Quis cusodiet ipsos custodes? - Who will guarde the guards? (Latin expression)
Old 05-17-2006, 08:34 PM   #184
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles
I went back to the gym yesterday on my dodgy ankle, it's been 9 days post injury. I think my weight and cardio routine did the world of good and it feels a lot better now. I have really missed the gym. I am doing tai chi tonight, never tried it before!

I haven't read the whole thread yet, but did you enjoy the tai chi?

Aad Sach Sing

Old 05-18-2006, 04:25 PM   #185
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine
60 minutes on the recumbant bicycle this morning while watching a movie. Pretty good movie with Bob Hoskins and the woman that plays M in the James Bond movies. It's about a nude stage show being produced in a London theatre during the WWII blitz, but I didn't see the very beginning so I have no idea what the title is.
It's called "Mrs. Henderson Presents", with Judy Dench, one of my favorite actresses in the title role. Great movie - just saw it myself recently.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:00 PM   #186
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
It's called "Mrs. Henderson Presents", with Judy Dench, one of my favorite actresses in the title role. Great movie - just saw it myself recently.
Thanks, I found this out last night when I got bored and went back to the gym for an additinal 60 minutes of cardio.

Today I did 1-1/2 hours of free weights for a full body workout, and then I did 45 minutes of cardio, 30 minutes on the elliptical machine and 15 minutes on the treadmill, while watching part of Walk the Line, which is a Johnny Cash biography. I was only going to do 30 minutes of cardio, but the movie was really interesting so I jumped on the treadmill for a while
Old 05-19-2006, 01:54 AM   #187
Senior Cook

Oops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine
I am very glad to know you Marishka. I don't meet many women who will eat a snake.
Yeah they aren't to bad once you get past the head.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:44 PM   #188
Head Chef

60 minutes of cardio today. I did 20 minutes on the lifecycle, but then my a$$ fell asleep so I had to switch to the elliptical trainer for the remaining 40 minutes. Aslo saw some more of Walk the Line. I am enjoying the movie, but I think Reese Witherspoon is putting too much country hick in the southern accent.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:29 AM   #189
Senior Cook

Since I posted on Monday, I managed to get to the gym on Tues night for chest/back/bicep day along with a warmup on the elliptical and then a bike ride on Wednesday morning (30 min 10km in a hilly neighbourhood, I gotta work on that) and an evening workout for legs/shoulders/triceps. Same bike ride yesterday, but slowed it down to 35 minutes to try to keep the heart rate a little more in the range I like it to be in and then did the chest/back/bicep day again today. Tomorrow morning will be leg day again.

Things are coming along swimmingly...
Old 05-20-2006, 01:56 AM   #190
Executive Chef

Monday may be a bit difficult for me. We've been gone for over a week to visit my son and his family and the only exercise I got was playing with the grandchildren. The trip to the zoo was quite a bit - walking uphill from the parking lot - quite steep. I'm beginning to feel sluggish.