Have you exercised today? Accountability thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Normally I mountain bike at least twice a week but I have sluffed off a bit lately. Went last night but it was such a short ride it hardly counts. Went today down the road to pick some blackberries....bought some eggs too....is that exercise? :p

I quit smoking and gained 20 pounds.
Fair trade off.
I quit my job and gained 19 pounds in 4 months. Would that be considered a fair trade off? LOL I need to get back into the swing of exercising in the morning to burn off more calories during the day.

Walked 30 minutes pushing my little one in the bike trailer then ran after him at the park. Hopefully I managed to burn over 300 calories. Sigh...

Have you exercised today?

I liked what Bucky Tom said about swimming. I have enjoyed aquatics all my life for recreation but four years ago when I developed rheumatoid arthritis I joined the YMCA and started joint movement water exercise classes. Now I also do shallow water aerobics classes and deep water aerobics in addition to swimming laps and lap walking. The water has made an enormous difference. As for today, I did an hour of joint movement aquatics and walked a mile on an inside track.

I like cycling, running, and hiking. I've been a cyclist most of my adult life and will go through stages where I'll get involved in long distance cycling (century & double centuries) with small groups or larger organized groups. Otherwise, I cycle recreationally, at least 3x/week. I'm a tinkerer so I like to build my bikes from the frame up.
I've also been hiking evenings regularly with the local Sierra Club here at nearby Griffith Park. Lots of fun there meeting and chatting with new people.

Sands of Time ...

I hope everyone else who posted in this thread has exercised some since their last posts :ermm:.

10 minutes treadmill yesterday ( I know but I wanted to stop at 5), quick work-out leg presses, sit-ups, crunches arms/chest/lats/shoulders. ;) About 5th workout in last 2 weeks.

But have had great difficulty sticking w/ anything very long for the past 15 years :ohmy:. Soreness in feet, laziness - lack of 'getupandgo' :(

Just got back from walking/jogging for 45 minutes. DH and I have been walking 3 miles 5 times weekly for 4 weeks now. We started jogging in intervals and we're feeling a lot better than before ~ more energy, better mood, slimmer thighs and waistline and motivated to eat healthier.

Exercise is a MUST..to stay Healthy

Tried different methods, plans. This works for me: I wear a step/mile counter. Dr. OZ recommends walking 5 miles a day....AND Yoga and lifting weights.(Walking all around health, Yoga relieves stress, weights/bones.

Tried many times. NOW it is working. Wear my counter and I do walk 5 miles daily Monday thru Friday. Saturday and Sunday...not enough to count.A 15 minute Yoga...stretches only. Simple. Easy. Fast. Not too time consuming. And no special effort. Just very relaxing.

Monday thru Friday: Lift 5 pound hand weights for about 5 minutes. Ride a stationery bike for 1 mile daily Monday thru Friday. It is just a little daily...but adds up. AND I AM ABLE TO DO IT. I have worked it into my daily life.

slowly

Exercised yesterday afternoon. :)

Been tough but I've been stringing together a little exercise for a few weeks. It's tough as podiatrist determined, since my last post, that I have plantar fasciatis (sp?) in left foot - I suspect in right foot, too but he didn't xray & ultrasound that one. :ermm:

Bought new running & cross train shoes at the outlets yesterday so going to try a little running this afternoon or tomorrow. I did the treadmill for 15 mins yesterday, not near good enough but I've been burned out on running/treadmill/similar for a lot of years now. I'm hoping small doses will make it easier to take on more :rolleyes:.

Last week I got in a 3-4 mile hike twice and a 7 mile hike once. Today I'm walking over lunch, so 3 miles + with my work mates. (thankfully it's not too hot here right now) ~Bliss

DH and I walk 5 miles a day. Try to get in 100 mi a month. Last year we did 1125 mi. Haven't dropped a pound but haven't gained any either.
C

I run regularly but I always look forward to my once weekly evening hikes with the local Sierra Club. Usually about 5-7 miles with moderate elevation gains. The pot luck evenings are fun where you have to lug your food to the top.

We did the same thing Dina... all 5 of us, 5 miles.
The little 2 were mostly in the stroller but I'm so proud of the oldest.... no whining, didn't take his bike, and even pushed the stroller most of the time!!

i ran my stairs.
that's my daily exercise fer years, now.
i hate those stairs, ' cept i'll run 'em fer at least a minute er 2, fer cardiac health.

I go to The Princeton Club (east) in Madison, Wisconsin at least six times per week.

I always make sure I do the StairMaster for +one hour because it's good for my asthma. (Just go up to the gray-haired guy who sweats all over the machine and floor and say, "Gee, you must be The Tourist.")

I've been trying to incorporate at least one more muscle group per session in my lifts. I have also tried that "bell thingie" with the handle because I saw the actors train with it for the "300."

My waist shows no improvement.:mad:

Back
Top Bottom