"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 07-21-2006, 06:02 AM   #261
Sous Chef

We had a pants off dance off.

Old 07-22-2006, 06:43 AM   #262
Master Chef

After having company back-to-back for the better part of a month, AND my gym having personnel shortages, I finally got in THREE classes this week (Monday is a class a lot like the "Firm" tapes, Weds is Pilates, Fri is 1/2 hour of step followed by 1/2 hour of ball). On Tuesday I hiked up to a friend's house to read. Yesterday it was too rainy to hike, hubby drove me up (we were going out after, so didn't want to have the truck). The one day I usually don't work out, Thursday, Hubby and I decided to take a hike before doing some shopping. I was glad to get back to normal. We usually walk most places we go, but when we have older guests they often can't do the walking we do and that cuts into our day-to-day walking.

Old 07-22-2006, 08:35 AM   #263
Executive Chef

URManiac

Quote:
I have mentioned this several times, however when you exercise regularly you will gain muscle tissues.
That's the truth. I began working out at the gym, along with healthy eating, and have only lost 2# but have taken off 9".

I don't care how much I weigh, as long as I'm toned.
Old 07-22-2006, 03:54 PM   #264
Chef Extraordinaire

Went back to Curves this a.m. after a looong absence and managed to do the whole circuit without getting sore or fatigued. Boy did I feel good afterward. And boy do I need it after sitting at a desk for the last year instead of being on my feet most of the day.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:15 PM   #265
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
20 minutes of EFX and 20 on treadmill, light weightlifting for 30 minutes, lost inches all around already...woohoo!
Old 08-01-2006, 05:30 PM   #266
Master Chef

Is no one else suffering from the heat? We only have window A/C units and trust me, going outside with the express purpose of sweating is not wise. Then I have company coming later in the week. I have all I can do to try to get the house-cleaning done in the next few days. I told hubby that tomorrow morning I'd turn on the guest room a/c and we'd get that done, in addition to the upstairs bathroom. Thank heaven today is supposed to be the last day of the heat wave for us. Exercise is definitley taking a back seat. And we're usually pretty religious about it.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:33 PM   #267
Chef Extraordinaire

I excuse you, Claire. Look at the date of my last post on this thread - that's the last time I exercised anything but my opinion. Still too frickin hot to do anything else.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:06 PM   #268
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
15 minutes on EFX and 30 minutes on treadmill today
Old 08-03-2006, 07:48 PM   #269
Sous Chef

4.5 mile jog, a little running around the house for an emergency "quik clean"
Old 08-03-2006, 08:02 PM   #270
Executive Chef

we went on a great hike today up by Mt Baker. Aidan hiked most of the way and is tired out! I forgot the frontpack at home to carry Callum, so we carried him in our arms. He fell asleep on the way back to the car. I'll post some photos in the photo section later.