"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 12-07-2005, 08:03 AM   #31
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to kyles
I went swimming today, didn't count lengths after 30, just relaxed and enjoyed it. Swimming is the only time my ankle feels any better :(

Old 12-12-2005, 06:41 PM   #32
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to SpiceUmUp
I get all the exercise I need flying off the handle and jumping to conclusions.

Old 12-12-2005, 11:53 PM   #33
Master Chef

Tired and sore, sore and tired. My truck is snowed in at the moment, and during my Christmas party, I took one end of the house, hubby the other. It's an old shotgun-style house. Well, I wound up taking all the coats upstairs to put them on the bed. It isn't like I don't work out (as a matter of fact, our guests included women from my exercise class AND the instructor). But my fanny and the back of my legs are killing me today from running up and down the stairs. Owee.

I am really dedicated to working out on a regular basis. This time of year it is een more important. Unfortunately women tend to think in terms of losing weight. Well, sometimes that isn't going to happen. Go to the gym, take a walk. Especially this time of year!
Old 12-13-2005, 01:12 AM   #34
Head Chef

yes i spent 45 minutes on the treadmill today and burnt 200 calories,at least thats something,no? trying to be regular these days,have been out of touch for so long now,but my baby is 3 months now,so its time i go back on that treadmill and get back in shape...
Old 12-13-2005, 07:15 AM   #35
Executive Chef

Wow! I spent some time on the bench at my buddy's place and I'm d*mn near debilitated! To show how pathetic I am, I could barely get fifty pounds off my chest. I think the bar weighs ten.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:50 AM   #36
Head Chef

I went back to the gym yesterday on my dodgy ankle, it's been 9 days post injury. I think my weight and cardio routine did the world of good and it feels a lot better now. I have really missed the gym. I am doing tai chi tonight, never tried it before!
Old 12-13-2005, 12:12 PM   #37
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Great that you are feeling better now!! And your ankle, too!! I hope you will enjoy your tai-chi, it is gentler form of exercise on your healing ankle... I do body balance (also known as body flow), which is a part tai-chi, part yoga and part pilates, it will really give you a good workout without a lot of impact, and improves your flexibility a great deal if you do it regularly. And you will notice you feel really good and rather relaxed when you finish the routine. Tell us how you liked it after the session!!
Old 12-13-2005, 05:16 PM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles
I am doing tai chi tonight, never tried it before!
kyles, I hope you like it. I was in the best shape of my life years ago taking a tai chi class. Have a video now to follow, but it's a poor second to the excellent teacher I had once upon a time.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:32 PM   #39
Senior Cook

I ran (jogged) for two miles yesterday and rode my bike for another five. I came home and streatched on my mat and today am still sore.
I have to get ready for tennis, which we play now when it is cool. The summers are just too hot for tennis.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:49 PM   #40
Head Chef

I did the tai chi class, it was just me and the instructor, so after the formal tai chi bit, he took me through some ankle strengthening work. He happens to be studying to be a physiotherapist, handy huh??

And today I did body pump, which is an aerobics class on the fitball. It was really good, and I enjoyed it.

I'm swimming tonight, and might pop into the gym first.