"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 12-04-2008, 09:08 PM   #451
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Looks like no one has exercised since November. I walked Monday and Tuesday for 90 minutes with my friend. We haven't gone the rest of the week since it's been too cold for her....56 degrees in the mornings. I love the weather.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:21 AM   #452
Master Chef

Oh, dear. I guess I should weigh in more often. I went to my weights/workout class on Monday, on Tuesday I walked to and from my favorite blind gal's house (only a mile round trip, but a completely vertical mile in freezing weather(, Took a pilates class on Weds. Yesterday we bought our greenery and put it up. For those who live in more tropical climes (I have, for many years), this is a weight lifting opportunity. Plus we bought a ton of food and booze for a Christmas party. It is about 20 steps from the street to our house.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:21 AM   #453
Executive Chef

I've been doing a routine in the morning. 50 sit-ups, 50 jumping jacks, 30 push-ups and 1/2 mile on the treadmill. My knees are feeling better so I'm working on 3/4 mile. I've been using the preprogrammed workout on the treadmill instead of just going the same pace. You start off in a walk, then fast walk, jog, then run, etc.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:26 PM   #454
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
I just shoveled a ton of icy slush.
Does that count?
Old 12-14-2008, 04:28 PM   #455
Master Chef

I'm out the door this second to run my 5 miles, taking advantage of the beautiful weather we have at the moment!

Suzi... yes, it does count!
Old 12-15-2008, 10:07 AM   #456
Cook

Intervals on the treadmill, stretching, and 110 situps every weekday before work. 4 days a week, at lunch, I workout with weights, which I've done pretty consistently for the past 30 years, although you probably couldn't tell? From Sept - March, my Saturdays are usually filled with 3-5 hours of bird hunting with my german shorthair. (Lot's of tough walking) I used to mountain bike, and even did a few races in the mid '90's. I plan to get back on one of my bikes again this spring. The older I get the tougher it is to keep weight off. I need to drop 10# before spring and then another 10# thru summer. My goals this time of year are to just stay even. With all the great food that will be available this time of year, it's tough not to over-indulge.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:34 AM   #457
Senior Cook

30 minutes walk out in the fresh air and 10 minutes on exercise bike. I never learnt how to ride a bike when I was little and now I cant get my balance when my kids try to teach me. I drive a car but cant ride a bike LOL!! It would have been great outdoors exercise. My friend says I should have a bike with stabilisers ha ha ...
Old 06-03-2009, 11:34 AM   #458
Assistant Cook

Iv joined a free exercise training course on the internet. I now exercise 3/4 times a week. I always exercise at night (as thats the only time i have time lol) and later today i will be running on a treadmill and doing various weight lifting exercises.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:06 PM   #459
Cook

Hmmm...does chasing after three kids ages 6 and under count? How about hanging the multiple loads of laundry on the line??
Old 06-04-2009, 10:05 AM   #460
Sous Chef

60 minutes stationary bike, 60 minutes free weights, plus whatever I do for work, fun.