"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 06-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #461
Master Chef

I'm going through a seasonal transition .... my exercise classes at the fitness center have changed a lot, and I need more aerobic exercise in my life. But for some reason I haven't been able to get with the program. Did my Pilates yesterday (essential for my sciatica), will do my resistance training class tomorrow, plus that essentially uphill walk. But today it was laundry, cooking, and gardening, which as far as my life experience goes, does pretty darned close to nothing for overall fitness, nothing for the old spare tire.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:38 PM   #462
Sous Chef

Yup...45 minutes on the stationary bike, followed by about an hour with the weights.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:53 PM   #463
Assistant Cook

I can't get over how friendly everyone is here, I feel good coming on here, the atmosphere and design is a very happy one.

Right now I'm lifting weights, it's a beatiful sunny day (it's been gloomy a lot lately) is it normal to feel extremely sad and down during gloomy times? I sometimes even feel like crying, I begin to think of everything good and bad in my life and I begin to worry that everything will go downhill. As soon as the sun comes out I begin to love life and feel like laughing.

I started eating a healthy diet (today I had a bagel, 7 bananas, 5 glasses of orange juice, turkey and a turkey sandwich and we'll see what's for dinner. I started jogging (although I get cramps easily) and crunches along with lifting 15lb weights. I'm currently in an online relationship with a beautiful girl in South Dakota, it's been almost a year now and I'm going to be staying at her place in late july or early august, I can't wait (I'm 17 and she's 16).

I know this is off topic, but I feel so great right now that I feel the need to share this
Old 06-19-2009, 06:00 PM   #464
Assistant Cook

I walk my dog daily.That is one of my exercise agenda.Then,I play running around the house with my Corgi.Agenda 2. Then,I eat healthier food.I cook daily.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:27 PM   #465
Sous Chef

50 minutes on the bike that goes nowhere today, and the "A" side of my upper body work out (free weights). Bumped the weight up today, too.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:40 AM   #466
Sous Chef

Nah! I usually don't exercise over the weekends.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:57 AM   #467
Assistant Cook

I want to be fit
Old 09-04-2009, 02:02 AM   #468
Assistant Cook

Yes it is..Swimming is the best Exercise to be fit
Old 09-04-2009, 02:17 AM   #469
Assistant Cook

Its a good idea
Old 09-06-2009, 08:26 AM   #470
Master Chef

I just woke up and am looking at my weights. I'm peeved at the world today and know that working out will blow off some steam. I walk anywhere I go that is under a mile (and that is a lot of my life, and walking is a poor description, here it is climbing!), work out at a gym at least twice a week, often three times, do some weight lifting at home. I'm still overweight, but muscularly so because I won't give up good food and lifestyle. UGh!