Have you exercised today? Accountability thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a nice walk along some country roads near my house. Gym reopens tomorrow, I have so missed it, so back to my normal routine of weight training and swimming!

Ha! I'm beginning to feel the guilt trip! Does gardening count? Hehe I was suppose to hit the gym yesterday but never made it there. I know once the kids go back to school in a couple of days I'll be there for the morning Yoga class.

No need for exercise DVDs today. I shoveled snow for an hour and more is falling, so more shoveling will be required later. Being outdoors was more fun anyway since the roads are to messy to go anywhere and I was bored of being in the house.

Alix said:
Morning Kyles! I just got off the treadmill. I am working at about a half hour per day. This is still a newish piece of equipment for us so I am still deciding what incline/speed is comfy for me. I'm checking in though. I have decided that I need to do more than just my yoga. Cardio was seriously lacking in my life.

do you know the brand name of your treadmill? Sounds like the one I like. After having all the idiots try to ruin my time walking at the tracks and cemetery, I want to invest in treadmill but I want one with hills as I have outside. I miss it but being threatened by some creeps who want to discourage you isn't worth it. Hence, the weight is returning. Can't cook and stay thin.

WOOHOO! I did it too! My husband and I finally got our butts to the gym and did 30 minutes on the EFX (Elliptical Fitness X-trainer) and did some light weight lifting for another 30 minutes. We're off to a good start. Good luck on your exercise routine everyone.

Name of Treadmill

ITK, the treadmill we bought is called sportcraft. It was very reasonably priced at our local hardware store and is standing up to daily pounding from both Ken and I. PM me if you want some more information.

I'm a bit disappointed today. My husband and I only did 30 minutes on the EFX. When I was about to start lifting weights, hubby decided he was lightheaded and hungry so we left the gym to grab a bite to eat. Somehow a bowl of cereal and milk is not enough breakfast.

well... I haven't done a thing that could be concidered exercise since we got back from Mexico in Oct.
Bad Trish! Bad.
I just rode my exercise bike for 10 minutes..four miles.. setting four. I think I may have lost 20 pounds just from sweat. I'm so so out of shape.

I was very bad today! I didn't go to the gym. I plan to jump on the trampoline with the kids later and perhaps go for a walk with them. I need to keep moving. You all have a great weekend!

I've been doing 20 minutes on the bike for the last three afternoons.... Not enough but at least it's something.

In about an hour I will be heading for the gym to do Body Pump with Francesco, then Total Training with Nicola... (stay calm everyone I am not triple timing... Francesco and Nicola are the instructors!! though they are both very cute eheheh!!)

LOL... Maybe you could send Francesco my way. He could stand in front of my bike and I could chase him down. lol... I'm sure he's more fun to look at than the guys on "DAYS OF OUR LIVES"...

I've started quite a regimen and am trying to keep it up for 3 months to see just how strong I can get, how much better my health is and also see how much weight I can lose healthily. I do Curves 3 days a week, go to the gym and work out, water exercises in the pool - the other three days a week and am eating things that are good for me. I've lost 3 pounds already and hope to keep to a safe level. I can tell that I'm a little more flexible already and while there is a pleasant ache, I haven't hurt myself. The past year I was so busy working on my family reunion, taking care of my grandson and a million other things, I really neglected taking proper care of myself, but for 3 months I am taking care of myself, first and see how well that works. My family seems to understand and are cheering me on. Some may even join the gym where I joined. Some of my friends are joining also and that is very encouraging - to me and to them. This is possibly the larges undertaking I've ever done for myself, but it should help me with my meds also. My doctor gave me his blessing.

That is great Licia! I'm really proud of you for making the choice and the commitment! Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the encouragement. All of this won't make me younger, but, perhaps, it will make me feel a bit younger and able to keep up with all my grandkids.

Back
Top Bottom