Healthy breakfast ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tancowgirl2000 said:
This is my "new" breakfast....as of Sunday...gack.....its actually really good, just sounds really awful

4 Large egg whites...MUST be large eggs
1/2 cup LIGHT cottage cheese
2 oz quick oatmeal...

Mix in blender, ,cook as a pancake and serve with "sugar twin brown" and cinnamon......

Trust me it is tasty. I think its more an acquired taste after a bit.......

I love these tancowgirl - I use sugar-free syrup on mine.

Caine is right in saying that a high-quality protein powder is an excellent source of protein. You don't have to be a bodybuilder to enjoy this quick and nutrient-rich meal. Bodybuilders eat much more protein than the normal person because they are building a LOT more muscle mass than the normal person. Even someone doing a casual workout needs to build muscle mass. Working out breaks down muscles - then it's up to our diet to build them back up. Rather than eating a bunch of "food" high in protein the protein powder is the perfect solution - sets better on your stomach that's for sure. Carbohydrates are just as important after a workout - and actually you need to eat them within a certain time-period for them to do what they are supposed to "do".

I usually switch my breakfast up with either a fruit yogurt, oatmeal, or a smoothie. Sometimes I'll eat a whole wheat muffin to go with it. It's actually helped me lose weight by eating the yogurt for breakfast.

Try spreading peanut butter (buy natural without sugars, corn syrup, etc.) on hot whole grain toast, sprinkle with raisins (I love golden raisins), and top with sliced banana and a drizzle of honey. Delicious!

This is gonna sound like a silly question, but how exactly do you poach an egg? I've heard this before but I don't think I've ever seen it.

When in a hurry I will make a Scrambled Egg Omlet in a Frosting Container.
I save containers I get my cake frosting in. Break into it 2 Eggs, 2 handfulls of Shreaded Cheese, Wild Onion tips chopped up, mushrooms or whatever else you feel like adding to your Omlet even Chocoate Chips.
Cover the frosting container tightly and singing a joyful song or even exercise maybe eggrobics as you shake the container mixing up your omlet really good till it's all shook up. Uh huh, Uh huh. Hmm a Peanut Butter and Nanner Omlet Uh huh ....
Pour it into the frying pan and cook it till it's looks done, flip it over and when it seems fluffy savor it and enjoy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom