Help - Lactose Intolerence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I soooooo love my milk this would be a huge problem for me! Just shoot me if it happens!

Also have dear friend with the problem and she takes the enzyme pills when she knows she's eating dairy but it can hide in the oddest places!

Many people who are intolerant are able to eat the hard cheeses better than the soft ones and for many if the milk products are cooked they are well tolerated.

I think my son was lactose intolerant as a baby - he refused cows milk once he was weaned and I just substituted other things (this was before we really knew about this stuff - 30+ years ago) and my GD breaks out if milk touches her skin so they give her Silk to drink. She (age 2) tolerates ice cream in small amounts and loves yoghurt (sp). I've heart Goat Milk Ice cream is better tolerated but very expensive!

Let us know how you do!

Hi,
As mentioned above, most humans, and actaully almost all adults are lactose intolerant to some degree. I never thought about it until I went vegan over 30 years ago. What a difference, for the better. A great way to get ideas and inspiration is to google for vegan recipes (in general or including specific foods or recipes). There is a whealth of info there. Good eating.

Back
Top Bottom