Help me find a good diet!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't mind at all! I'm certainly no expert but I'm always happy to share what I've learned. As for the bagel thing, I'd imagine that a bagel is the healthy alternative to the donut. =P It is still something that is small, portable and finger food and better for you than that white flour / sugar / fat laden donut.

Here is a great web site: Nutrition Data

If you're really interested in what foods are "best" for you, this site offers several ways to measure just that. You can visualize a food's nutritional value (or lack of it) with an easy to understand graphical pyramid.

It explains why the GL factor of a food is a much more important number to be aware of than GI. Oh oh, speaking of GI / GL, check this site out!

You can input recipes into Nutrition Data's site and have an analysis done on it. It gives amazing details. You can search on single food items and get the same information.

If you enter your height / weight and daily excercise level amounts, it will give you recommendations for the amounts of vitamins, minerals, fat / protiens / carbohydrates that you should consume.

It gives super weight loss tips, which really isn't about dieting at all but more about making lifestyle changes that we all should work towards.

None of the information there is ground breaking stuff. But it's great to have so much accurate and up-to-date information available in one spot.

:heart:
Z

Zereh

Well, you did it again! Gave me some valuable information that I will make copy. You must do lot of research to find all these sites. I do appreciate it and thank you again. Any more questions, I'll contact you to see if you agree. Thank you.

Zereh

I sure thank you. You can believe I will be checking these out of Memorial Day Weekend. Everybody has plans so I assume I will have chance to do something I want to do. I am so grateful you know about these sites and can tell me about them. I appreciate your sharing of your research. Thanks again.

Zereh, thanks for your post! It's great!

I want to add that if someone is already eating healthily and exercising adequately and seeing no change, it's time to NOT CUT OUT any good foods, but rather to cut quantities ingested by one third at first, then if you don't see results i.e. weight loss, then cut quantities again.

Don't forget to increase your water intake! and drastically reduce intake of cafeinated beverages, if not eliminate them completely.

Oh and it's not enough to KNOW what to do, it's necessary to DO IT, even when it's hard work.

Back
Top Bottom