Hot Water/Lemon Juice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, Vera, my hat's off to you! That's a major accomplishment. I'm gonna be sucking down the hot water and lemon drink from now on! (OK, ok, I know you did a heck of a lot more than that to lose 40 lbs. but hey, it's a start!) It's bound to be loaded with Vitamin C and all sorts of wonderful things, too.

Hi, all. Thought this might interest you: WHFoods: Lemon/Limes

A friend of mine told me she's growing 3 Meyer lemon trees in pots that she brings indoors during the winter. I'm going to get a couple in the spring, so I'll have them all the time, too :)

I just happen to like it. I'd gotten out of the habit, but someone told me it was good for the liver, which, lord help me, I can use all the help I can get! But I like it better than tea or coffee, so a half lemon in a cup of boiling-hot-water in the winter. Yumm.

:)Whether you drink lemon or vinegar in your water you really need to rinse your mouth well afterwards and maybe a once over with your tooth brush no toothpaste necessary because the vinegar/lemon juice can slowly wear off the enamel on you teeth.

lemon juice is said to be very good for you. i find that its a vitalizer and a cleanser.

csalt, I feel your "pain". I had a friend with the same problem and she went and had her thyroid checked and lo and behold she had an underfunctioning thyroid--hypothyroidism) As soon as she started taking the medicine (which is for a lifetime) she dropped 10 pounds. She also feels better. I would encourage you to rule out any medical conditions first. Also try cutting back on your salt intake for a couple of weeks and see if that helps. For people who are at a "stationary" plateau in their weight loss programs this often is the culprit. Keep up the walking!! :)

Got the results of the blood tests and I apparently do have an under functionig thyroid. Seeing GP again shortly for her to monitor and precribe treatment. Some of the other things I've been experiencing like joint pain and digestive problems stem from the same thing.
Thanks for the suggestion expatgirl. Wow..maybe I'll actually start to lose some weight.
I have also bought an excellent book called "Yoga For Weight Loss" and am on the lookout for some yoga classes not too far away and affordable :)

Good news Csalt. Now that you know, you can control it. I know it can be annoying to take a tablet every day for the rest of your life but a minor inconvenience for the benefits you should feel once they get your dosage right. And much better for it to be under functioning than over functioning.

Wouldn't put all your weight loss eggs in to the thyroid basket though. Doesn't always work like that on everyone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom