How do you snack healthy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CookLikeJulia

Senior Cook
I'd love to hear everybody's answer to my question.

Well for me, I snack healthy by sticking to fruits like apples or any fiber-rich biscuits. I also make it a point to eat small meals every six hours. Granola or multigrain bars are also good as snack.

...raw carrots dipped in homemade pesto (packed with garlic and fresh basil and made with walnuts instead of pinenuts which is cheaper and healthier...and olive oil is good in small portions)

...frozen blueberries in skim milk (lightly sweetened with a teensy bit of Splenda)

...1 piece of DARK Dove chocolate a day (lots of antioxidents they say)

...5 almonds a day

:)

When I have healthy snacks, which, honestly, is only about 60% of the time, I most often choose:

Mixed Nuts, Celery, Radishes, Dried Fruit (dates, cranberries, cherries, pineapple), Sugar Free Frozen Yogurt.

When I'm not feeling healthy: Cheese (All Varieties), Flaky, Fruit Filled Turnovers, Peanut M&Ms (dark chocolate)! - Am I Bad!?

Healthy snacks

My daily snacks:

1. mixed nuts
2. non-fat yogurt
3. Fuji apple

Fresh fruit, Savory Thins (sesame crackers), popcorn, Newman's Own unsalted pretzel rounds, unsalted nuts, walnuts and raisin mix, hummus with pretzels or whole wheat pita, lowfat/low sodium cottage cheese (I drain it to reduce the sodium), grape tomatoes, whole grain cereal...

I try to snack healthfully in moderation. My doctor still has a lot of student loans he has to pay off.

When I do snack healthfully, it's usually a Trader Joe's mix of nuts and dried fruits. Sometimes I mix in chocolate chips.

My fridge always has some combination of raw vegetables: broccoli florets, a bag of baby spinach, sliced red cabbage, bell pepper slices and celery. I keep them in zip-loc bags. Everytime I open the fridge, I take a handful of one or two vegetables and just stuff it in my mouth. It's horrible manners, but no-ones looking and I think it has a real beneficial effect on my health. I think my day's total fiber and vitamins comes from my out-of-fridge munching on raw veggies.

I tend not to cook them or add any dips or anything for simplicity's sake, not to mention I simply love veggies on their own. If it can be eaten raw, I'll eat it.

...1 piece of DARK Dove chocolate a day (lots of antioxidents they say)

...5 almonds a day

:)
That's what I know too, that's why I do eat Dark chocolates too but not everyday, maybe three times a week.

I heard nuts, like almonds and the others are also really good for the body.

It's always good to have some fruits either in our snacks or during our regular meals. I love apples, it keeps me full all the time.

...It's always good to have some fruits either in our snacks or during our regular meals. I love apples, it keeps me full all the time.
...i cut ripe bananas in half, wrap them individually in wax paper (twisting each end) and freeze them for "banana pops"...bananas are soo healthy for multiple reasons....an amazing fruit!
...frozen red grapes are wonderful too!

...oh, and by the way, the piece
of DARK Dove chocolate I have
each day is only bite-size
:angel:

I need to keep my potassium levels up so I have orange juice, tomato (or veggie) juice and bananas on hand and have at least one every day. I also keep a variety of fresh fruits and veggies (the regulars plus snow peas and zucchini) on hand.

I make hummus for DH's work meals and we eat it with multigrain wheat-free crackers. I love popcorn (no added butter) and non-fat yoghurt. Oh, we also rotate a selection of healthy deli meats for snacks as well as sandwiches.

Oh yeah we treat ourselves to dark chocolate as well!

-a healthy cereal/skim milk (bran flakes, rice krispies, kix, high-fiber cooked cereal)
-a given - fruit/veggies.
-low-fat string cheese
-for when craving sugary food - a few jolly ranchers, or gum
-nuts in moderation
-yogurt, read labels, though- a yogurt i got was 270 kcals/container & 150 of those were from fat.
-pretzels, unsalted if yins prefer
-pickles
-olives

I try to snack healthfully in moderation. My doctor still has a lot of student loans he has to pay off.

When I do snack healthfully, it's usually a Trader Joe's mix of nuts and dried fruits. Sometimes I mix in chocolate chips.

Chocolate Cake... Sorry... I think i'll have a piece now... :angel::angel:

I'm like you, Turkeyman. When I go grocery shopping at least half my bill is made up of fresh fruits and veggies. I love a big variety and 99% of my dinner vegetables are made fresh. Store-bought canned and frozen veggies just have no flavor to me.

Salad, carrots, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and olive oil. Can eat this everyday / anytime :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom