How healthy is drinking water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But, in fact, I've always been a thirsty girl. For some reason, I'm always thirsty. Oh, by the way, yes, I've asked if there is a medical reason for my thirst. Nope.

Ive always been rather thirsty myself. A couple years ago I worked night shift in a cabinet factory. I would go to work with 2-32 oz bottles of Gatorade (in the summer). Start the shift drinking one, then refill it 2-3 times before lunch. Open the other bottle right after lunch, and refill it 3-5 times (depending on overtime) before close of shift. Now I work in a kitchen in front of a grill for 5-9 hours a night. I cant keep track of how many times the servers refill my cup. Even days off though, i still burn through over a gallon of water a day.

Drinking enough water and staying hydrated is one of the most important elements of a healthy diets.

It is also important to be conscious of what you are drinking your water out of. BPA, bisphenol-A, is a harmful chemical that has been leaching from plastic bottles and even some canteens. Stick to stainless steel canteens when drinking you 8 glasses a day!

I certainly support water drinking but I am a hot drinks person (being in Scotland!!) so I add a little hot water to mine. I do use jug filtered water though as there is a lot of chlorine in our supply I

I don't think so that only drinking water can bring those changes. Drinking water does help by making you feel fresh and healthy but just water cannot be your part of a diet. Water helps to make your skin glow but there is definitely going to be something extra that could have brought those changes in you.

I'm sorry but personally, I'm scared of tap water. :unhappy: Even though the concentrations of pollutants in the water are very well regulated, I feel that sometimes, the lobbyists from chemical factories have quite a lot of power to convince the regulators to raise the concentration limit of pollutants. Like for instance, the limit of the amount of arsenic in water allowed has been reduced 75% several years ago, so you could imagine before that, people were consuming 3 times the amount of arsenic as they did today. :ohmy: Of course, something similar could happen today with another chemical.

Simply put, I just don't trust the regulators. The only waters I drink are filtered water, or, if I have enough money to spend, FIJI or Dasani. I understand a lot of people may not be a big fan of Dasani, but I've been to their factories a couple of times and they're very ethical people.

I'm sorry but personally, I'm scared of tap water. :unhappy: Even though the concentrations of pollutants in the water are very well regulated..

They aren't regulated!!! By U.S. federal law only 91 polutants are required to be tested for in drinking water. That law is old and has never been updated. A recent government study (released on FOX and NBC news week before last), revealed more than 65,400 carcinogenic chemicals in our drinking water are unregulated, untested for, and have unknown effects on the human body in the quantities found.

They aren't regulated!!! By U.S. federal law only 91 polutants are required to be tested for in drinking water. That law is old and has never been updated. A recent government study (released on FOX and NBC news week before last), revealed more than 65,400 carcinogenic chemicals in our drinking water are unregulated, untested for, and have unknown effects on the human body in the quantities found.

WOW!! That is scary.

...the lobbyists from chemical factories have quite a lot of power to convince the regulators to raise the concentration limit of pollutants.
Simply put, I just don't trust the regulators.

Ditto.

(I'm from the Government and I'm here to help you)

That means that everyone who drinks water, any source of water, will eventually die. I much preferred the water I drank long before the government started regulating it. It provided me a long and healthy life so far. I think beer is better to drink these days.

That means that everyone who drinks water, any source of water, will eventually die. I much preferred the water I drank long before the government started regulating it. It provided me a long and healthy life so far. I think beer is better to drink these days.

If you don't drink tap water, what the heck do you drink! Do you think the government agencies that regulate bottled water do a better job than the ones who regulate tap water?

EDITORIAL COMMENT

We are edging into political discussion here folks. Lets stop with the government regulation stuff please.

There`s not much you can do except use a good quality water filter, and try to limit the amount of toxicity that is actually poured into the glass. A good quality filter that I have used for years is Aquasana.

You can see a comparison chart at the Aquasana website and click on Product Comparison to the top right of the screen.

I would be hesitant to accept the facts coming from a company's own website or publication, which is why many people conduct independent studies. But the concern is that technology cannot yet filter out the really bad stuff that are showing up now in the water and food chain. Filters help but don't eliminate or prevent.

Does anyone know how healthy drinking water really is? I think it is actually something taken for granted a lot. For the last 6 months i have been drinking almost nothing but water and i have noticed i have a lot more energy, feel more awake, my skin is healthier and overall i feel a lot healthier.

Can this really all be a result of changing my diet slightly by only drinking water or do you think that there's a big chance there are actually many other factors involved?

i agree to this. nothing beats water therapy.

I remember my grandma, when she passes by me, she asks "did you drink water?". Water is our life, our body is estimated to be about 60-70% of water, it needs it to regulate the body temperature and to provide the means for nutrients to travel to all your organs, and the muscles, lungs, and brain all contain a lot of water.

Back
Top Bottom