How many calories do you eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
don`t be fooled, alcohol like sugar is nearly Pure Calories (just look how well it burns!).

Oh, I know, what I mean is, I'm always sooo careful about watching what I eat so when I get a nice glass of wine I don't worry about it and enjoy. Kind of think about it, the same with food, in the way that I enjoy and not obsess. Portion control and working out are key for me.

don`t be fooled, alcohol like sugar is nearly Pure Calories (just look how well it burns!).

Nothing you can say will make me, and apparently several others, think otherwise:-p

If they actually counted, my caloric intake would be off the charts on the weekend. So....as a result of that statement, booze does not count.

Nothing you can say will make me, and apparently several others, think otherwise:-p

If they actually counted, my caloric intake would be off the charts on the weekend. So....as a result of that statement, booze does not count.

HAHAA! I think I would cry big tears if I knew how many calories are in one Mojito. I will continue living in denial... :ermm:

I have been on a weight reduction/lifestyle change program for a year and I keep it at about 1500 calories per day. I have enough to eat, feel and look great and have lost 50 lbs. as of yesterday.

I have to agree with the above posts. For some strange reason I never count what I drink as part of my caloric intake. Could be why diets aren't as effective for me as they seem to be for others. Hmmmmm oh well!

I weigh myself everyday when I get up (but really... I know by how I feel when I'm getting a bit too portly - I'm kinda portly anyways).

When I'm trying to curb some weight I usually start counting calories and cut myself down to 1500, along with 30min of very rigorous exercise 5 days a week (I usually climb & descend 125-150 flights of stairs in that amount of time). Normally I eat around 2000-2500 calories, strength train every other day, take a Tae Kwon Do class for 2hrs once a week, and get a nice 3-4hr hike in on the weekend.

It depends on your body type too. I'm 6'0" 220lbs. When I'm in peak physical shape I go about 195lbs.

With school starting again soon I don't have the time to cook as much or the money to splurge on restaurants every day - so I kind of cut back on calories naturally in that way.

When I cut back to 1500cal, I usually don't change the foods I eat - I just cut back on the amounts. I usually cut back a bit on the amount of carbs (real easy to eat a lot of calories via carbs), and then monitor my fat and alcohol consumption (which average about twice the calories per gram that carbs and protein pack). When I drop a few of those pounds I'll then slowly increase my caloric intake to my normal 2000-2500.

Definitely watch your beverages. I have the toughest time with fruity, chewy, acidic candy like Mike and Ike's or Jelly Belly Jelly Beans. One "Big Box" of Mike and Ike's packs close to 1000 calories. I'll be munching them over the course of a few hours while doing homework and notice the box is almost empty. I try to only buy the 500cal convenience store sized bag despite the fact that it costs the same as the 1000cal grocery store box... :LOL: :pig: I had a friend taking nutrition classes recommend that I substitute citrus fruits... sorry... a Mike and Ike candy is NOT an orange section... :rolleyes: :-p

I typically eat around 2,000-2,500. I am an ex-football player who is 6'6" and weighs in at 315 lbs, with 18% body fat. I have always watched what I ate. As I said, right now I consume 2000-2500 calories per day, sometimes less, sometimes more. However, my BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is around 2240. As long as I keep it at that figure, I should maintain my weight. If I want to lose weight, then I should eat less, more like 1800, but that depends on my activity rate, which is high. So, I need more calories in order to have enough energy and still balance out.

Back
Top Bottom