How Much Junk Food Do You Eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah, but does a dessert become a junk food if eaten in quantity?

My definition of junk food is:;);)

If you can buy it in a convenience store.:LOL::LOL:

(With some exceptions, of course.)

I think the definition of junk food varies from person to person. At my last physical everything checked out fine except I have a slightly high triglyceride level. I suppose I would consider foods that contribute to this "junk food". My doc gave me a general list of foods to avoid. That means I need to cut down on beer consumption which I have not done.

:mrgreen:

i'm a healthy snacker. i prefer an apple or ricecake over chips or candy.
i don't eat chocolate cause of caffeine.
i love lollipops & & that, & gingerale, otherwise caffeine-free diet coke or diet lemonade & fruit.

I think I eat quite a bit. Just this morning for example I didn't have time to eat my bowl of cereal and fruit at home so as soon as I got into work I had a bag of chips and a diet coke. At least I try to cut down on sugar intake whenever I can. I don't like consuming sugared beverages, for instance. I don't add sugar or any type of sweetener to coffee or tea either.
But for the most part I think I like all kinds of junk food.

It's gosh-darn near all I eat. After awhile I start cooking tho - just to vary it up.

I don't know why,
But I always buy ice cream when it's on sale, but I very seldem eat it. GF and daughter usually take care of it. (which is funny because daughter only eats chicken breast cooked in PAM cooking spray) My junk food usually consists of hard pretzels, peanuts in the shell, assorted olives, assorted cheeses, canned sardines, ect......

Going with my definition from earlier, I don't eat junk food very much. I rarely keep chips (except corn tortilla chips), cookies, cake or other snacks like that in the house. If I have dessert, it's usually ice cream, which has protein and calcium, so I don't count it as junk food.

Once every couple of months, I get a bag of Cheetos or Fritos from the machine at work, but that's pretty rare. A couple times a year, I get a bag of wavy potato chips and some French onion dip, but it's rare because I know I'll eat it all in one or two sittings ;) So I just don't buy it much. I get gas pretty bad when I have carbonated drinks, so that's rare, too, although I like to have a Coke with pizza or tacos.

I don't eat a lot of junk food but I do eat a lot of food. Does that make sense? I look at my lunch compared to my co-workers and I always seem to have double what they do. Oh well, I just love eating!

This thread had me making a special run Friday to the store (a gas station store of course) and buying a long Slim Jim and some kind of cheese covered snack mix that left my fingers orange.
Good stuff!

Thankfully, we eat "junk food" very rarely. In fact, I can't remember the last time either one of us graced the portals of a fast-food place. We do enjoy pizza every couple of weeks, both homemade & takeout, but I don't consider a well-made pie with quality toppings "junk food".

I guess our only guilty pleasure that would fit the category would be chips - both potato & tortilla - but we at least buy them only "lightly salted" & do make an effort not to polish off bags at a time - lol!

Back
Top Bottom