How soft drinks affect your health

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you eat prepackaged foods, buy your meat from the grocery store, or drink any kind of packaged drinks your getting unhealthy junk anyway....so I say live dangerously. Drink soda, lots of soda, even the dark kind....

Unless you're growing every ounce of your food and raising all the animals you eat then you cannot escape all the stuff they are putting in "all" foods. So why worry about a little sugar?? A little carbonation?? Why pick on soda???

Seriously, my kids use to get so angry with me because I wouldn't buy soda's (at least not for them lol) or kool aid or anything like that. I would buy juices. I know how quick it is to get addicted to that stuff. So now that two of them are grow they don't drink much soda.

We didn't have much soda/pop growing up, simply because it was too expensive, but we did drink bunches of kool-aid. But then, by modern standards, I'm dead.

I just juice alot at home, I don't really miss the fizzy stuff. I prefer fresh juices both fruit and veg and smoothies of course.

Don't drink fizzy drinks, don't care for them really. I do like the odd glass off sparkling water and appletizer.
The only time I buy coke is when I'm going to use it for meat marinade or when I have an upset stomach I drink flat coke.
Pregnant woman are allowed to drink 300mg of caffeine daily if they're in good health (that's 2 small cups of coffee)
Personally I love caffeine, drink coffee every day and when I have a vodka I drink it with either sugar free redbull or cranberry juice.
If you have to worry about everything that's bad for you, you might as well stop living!
Everything in moderation I say :)

I'm with you Snip! A healthy person can enjoy most things in moderation. There are many people who drink large amounts of soda daily and that much caffeine can't be good for you, but those of us that have a cup of coffee or two in the morning really have nothing to worry about.

i say balance is rational. i get sugary pop, & then i'll get seltzer. there's veggies/fruits in my fridge. there's also very marbled steak. i use butter. also use healthy oils, as in olive oil. cholesterol, sodium, fat, sugar, & carbs reside here. you'll find balance in my kitchen. i won't allow caffeine & that's the sum of things.
btw- my b.p. is now usually 90/60-70. they were using an adult cuff to take my b.p. when they're supposed to use a kiddo 1- i have teensy arms.

Last edited:
We dont normally drink soft drinks...the only time is when we use it as a mixer with spirits :)

I don't think we've had soft drinks in the house since our daughter left for college two years ago. And I can't remember the last time I had one in a restaurant either.

I've often wondered why they are called "soft drinks", since the phosphoric acid in them will strip the enamel right off your teeth over time. :rolleyes:

The biggest thing to keep in mind if consuming a lot of sugar is not to eat a lot of carbohydrates at the same time.

They both break down into sugars in the body so both is a double whammy diabetes waiting to happen.

Stevia helps your body deal with sugar as well as sweeten food.

The biggest thing to keep in mind if consuming a lot of sugar is not to eat a lot of carbohydrates at the same time.

They both break down into sugars in the body so both is a double whammy diabetes waiting to happen.

Stevia helps your body deal with sugar as well as sweeten food.

Stevia does not help your body deal with sugar...

Stevia does not help your body deal with sugar...

There is some truth to this PF. Research has been done that proves that Stevia is anti-glycemic, it helps stabilize blood sugars, increases insulin resistance and may even promote insulin production. The same can not be said about other sweeteners though.

I am enjoying a Pepsi MAX right now.
Zero calories. Maximum taste :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom