How to reduce FRECKLES in natural ways? Advice needed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi, Elaine,

I think freckles look cute at any age but if they are coming at the expense of the sun and accompanied with or without sunspots (melasma to be more precise) then now is the time be proactive......I used to play a lot of tennis and at age 30 was starting to get a few age spots on my forehead (melasma) and sides of the face.....went to the dermatologist who informed me that it was due to the sun and though I could lighten it with bleach (natural=lemon, eg) or for me I took a prescription it would not be completely erased.....his remedy did indeed lighten them......however he looked me straight in the eyes and said that if I truly wanted to prevent any more to wear the highest SPF sunscreen possible and wear it every day (rain or shine under my makeup) and if you have to be in the sun to wear a hat and goodness forbid, not to ever fry myself in the sun just to get a tan......well, I've pretty much followed his advice over the years and at age 55 have no wrinkles and no further age spots either.....however, 3 years ago I notices a scaly, dry spot on my forehead near the hairline and nothing would make it go away...it didn't hurt and it didn't itch either and didn't respond to any expensive cremes either....concerned that it might be skin cancer I was assured by the doctor "no, it wasn't cancer, but that it could eventually turn into it"......so they froze it off.......this is the area exactly where my tennis visor didn't quite cover up the skin.......I haven't played tennis in nearly 15 years.....

So do be careful as today's rays are far more concentrated than they were 20 years ago....have fun in the sun......just be protected.....:):)

I agree with the sun warning! I'm a redhead and when I was little there were no sunscreens! My Mom tried to keep me out of the sun from noon until 3. At the time I hated it but now I understand. Unfortunately through the years I did get some really bad sunburns that left their marks! In the summer my nose looks like it has dirt on it. No dirt, just freckles! I have found that the, " Oil of Olay total effects" not the regenerist, products really help with the redness and freckles, of which I have many. The real plus is that they come in different levels of sunscreen protection!

Back
Top Bottom