"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets
Old 03-21-2006, 01:40 PM   #11
Head Chef
hope you got a good one. alot of them are worthless. good luck in your training

3..2..1.. HUSTLE! HUSTLE!
Mylegsbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 05:14 PM   #12
Head Chef
Send a message via MSN to Caine
You do not have to deprive yourself of anything. I very seldom do, and I AM a personal fitness trainer. Just remember that alcohol is empty calories, which means you get no benefit from them, and when it comes to calories, I would rather bypass the alcohol buzz and save mine for something like, say, a big hunk of chocolate cake.

Caine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:42 PM   #13
Head Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to tancowgirl2000
ok...so um...I have one failure to report and that is the "NO BEER" rule.......I cant help it...I like it and im keepign it....I havent told ehr yet but hey....I figure if I work my but off then Ill be ok. She has me on a 2000 calorie intake and from what I have studied on ok read on I need more than that, so I figure I can have my beer after work.

TOTAL deprivation is NOT my thing! I can handle the food she gave me even though it makes no sense to me.....it does but doesnt, but some things just nag at ya. And I think I could end up being cranky without it...whatchya all think??? hehehehe

BUt this is week 2, ,I have only missed one training session and a few meals, just cause I was busy, but I think Im doing good!

I can get into jeans that I couldnt after Sierra was born so for me that is a HUGE HUGE thing!!! Man that sounds bad, but you get it. I can get into jeans and be comfy!! OMG!!!! Worst part is that the jeans I just bought...hip huggers...what the heck...just dont fit right anymore...good thing I spent money on those!

Well thanks for all your support! Its nice knowing its there! Some people just dont "get it"...at all!

K night all......cheers
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."
~ Stephen Wright
tancowgirl2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 11:16 AM   #14
Assistant Cook
Tan, I'm a PFT (not a "worthless" one ), and my theory is similar to Caine's. Although, if you want a beer, you're gonna have one, so let's get real. Why not at least attempt to "eat clean" 6 days a week and then have a "cheat" day one day a week, where you can eat whatever you want (without going hogwild of course). There's nothing wrong with moderation in every aspect of your life and it's when you deprive yourself completely of the things you really enjoy, that a sensible and healthy mealplan seems like a punishment when it should be something that makes you feel good about yourself.
Another thing is, that once you've been eating healthier for awhile (along with losing weight, feeling better and having more self esteem), you won't feel as much like eating things that aren't so good for you, b/c they dont' taste as good as they once did. Of course, that usually doesn't pertain to beer, LOL. I say, go ahead and choose ONE day a week that you can let your hair down and enjoy life to it's fullest, whatever that is to you. You'll be looking forward to that one day a week and more motivated to get right back on track the next day. Good luck to you and just stick with it...one day at a time. It's not easy for ANYONE!

"This is my body. And I can do whatever I want to it. I can push it. Study it. Tweak it. Listen to it. Everybody wants to know what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass six hours a day. What are you on?" Lance Armstrong
nvnvgirl is offline   Reply With Quote