I need a diet to "calm the beast"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love to eat and could easily kill off a whole large pizza by myself.

You first need to change your diet, then work on portion control. A piece of protien the size of the palm of your hand (4 oz) is all you should have for dinner along with some sides. We watch Ellie Kreiegers show alot for her recipes. Not only are they healthy, but they have a ton of flavor.

Little healthy snacks during the day will keep your metabolism up. Rather than 2 or 3 big meals that your body has to work to burn off. Get some granola bars and bananas for breakfast, or the cereal like you said.

For dinner we usually have a grilled protien and a small side usually rice with stuff mixed in. Try to render any fat off the meat or cut it off. Eat more white meat. It doesn't mean you have to totally not eat something you like, just control the portion. Eat half for dinner, then save the other half for lunch the next day. Creating different salads is good too. There's a thread I started here regarding different toppings and such. Eating healthy does not mean bland either! Use different spices or marinades and experiment.

Wait till you see how much better you feel. After a few weeks of eating healthy your appetite will change. After you have a nice greasy cheezeburgr you'll say to yourself "Dang, that was kind of disgusting." and want a salad or something light.

My husband almost never ate fruit, and veggies were a struggle. Ironically, he wasn't a huge red meat eater, either. Then he was threatened with diabetes. I can't keep enough fruit in the house, and he eats a salad before dinner (or for dinner) every day. I have shakey hands (a genetic tendency) and I think the mere thought that some day I might have to give him a shot scared him straight!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom