Is Agave Nectar Worse Than You Thought?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For those of you that want a different sugar replacement than sucralose (Splenda, Altern, etc.) aspartame (NutraSweet), or sacharin (Sweet 'N Low) there are sugar alcohols aplenty. And if you don't want the indegestion that comes from too much sugar alcohols, there is a new kid on the block called "Stevia In The Raw". It is made from a Stevia extract, with a dextrose carrier. It feels and is used the same way you would use Splenda. It does have a slightly bitter aftertaste if you use too much though.

And what's wrong with chicken skin fried all crisp into cracklings, with most of the fat rendered out? Lightly salted, they're as tasty as chicarones (fried pork skins);). Of course, eat in moderation.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodweed, I love chicarones or as we call them pork rinds. I have not tried the Stevia extract yet. I had just bought a large box of splenda when it came out so I am waiting to run out before I try this and fall in love.

For those of you that want a different sugar replacement than sucralose (Splenda, Altern, etc.) aspartame (NutraSweet), or sacharin (Sweet 'N Low) there are sugar alcohols aplenty. And if you don't want the indegestion that comes from too much sugar alcohols, there is a new kid on the block called "Stevia In The Raw". It is made from a Stevia extract, with a dextrose carrier. It feels and is used the same way you would use Splenda. It does have a slightly bitter aftertaste if you use too much though.
I'm happy with Splenda, I was just curious if they've discovered any major problems with it. I use one packet in my coffee every morning and that's about it. Sometimes I sprinkle it on top of my grapefruit but more often than not I eat the grapefruit plain. Love the tangy taste. :)

Never got into cooking with Splenda.

Back
Top Bottom