ISO a meal to bring to new mom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
By now the baby is about 2-months-old, but momma still needs help. I know. Been there. Done that. Got the t-shirt.

Anything in quantity that can be delivered in two containers. Eat one now. Put one in the freezer and eat later. She's bound to have days that try her patience.

Besides bringing foods, you could give her a "coupon" for an hour's babysitting time or cleaning time. If she's a first-time mother, she might feel overwhelmed. She would, no doubt, welcome an hour at the hair salon or for a massage, pedicure, shopping...without a child in tow.

If she is breast feeding, bring beer, it's suppose to help with milk production.

Avoid, cabbage, lots of onions, baked beans or the baby will feel it. :LOL:
~Blissful
But the baby wouldn't feel the beer? I find that hard to believe.

Why not give her, and her husband, a gift certificate to one of those places where you go in and prepare all your meals for the whole week with their ingredients, like Dinner My Way, or My Girlfriend's Kitchen? He could go in and make up meals for the whole week, or better yet, he can do some 'new baby bonding' while SHE goes in and prepares the meals for the whole week. She'd probably enjoy the away time, especially if she normally likes to cook.

Last edited:
I have a simple chicken wing recipe which is good hot or cold. It is super quick, little ingredients and delicious. It is a fave with my family. I usually serve with just plain white basmati rice or just minute rice.
STICKY CHICKEN
1 large package of fresh chicken wings
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ginger (I use powder)
1/4 cup of vinegar
1/4 cup of water
1/4 cup soya sauce
dash of salt and pepper
Put chicken in casserole dish with salt and pepper. Bake 375 for 30 minutes.
Combine all other ingredients in a medium size bowl and whisk to ensure the sugar is mixed well. Pour over chicken and bake for an additional 30 minutes, basting at least twice or turning chicken wings.
You can use the drippings to pour over the rice, it can also be thickened with a little cornstarch and water for the last 7-8 minutes of cooking. Enjoy!

I have a simple chicken wing recipe which is good hot or cold. It is super quick, little ingredients and delicious. It is a fave with my family. I usually serve with just plain white basmati rice or just minute rice.
STICKY CHICKEN
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup of vinegar
1/4 cup of water
1/4 cup soya sauce
dash of salt and pepper
Combine all other ingredients in a medium size bowl and whisk to ensure the sugar is mixed well. Pour over chicken and bake for an additional 30 minutes, basting at least twice or turning chicken wings.
You can use the drippings to pour over the rice, it can also be thickened with a little cornstarch and water for the last 7-8 minutes of cooking. Enjoy!

with or without the lid? babe

Lid or no Lid

Lid or no Lid? Up to you. I like to go without. I like to brown up my wings good before I put the sauce on. But if you want to cover after that would be fine. Be sure to let me know what you think of them. I haven't met anyone who didn't ask me for the recipe after eating them. :)
with or without the lid? babe

STICKY CHICKEN
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup of vinegar
1/4 cup of water
1/4 cup soya sauce
dash of salt and pepper

i made this for dinner last night. the wings were just so tender and good. i think though i would put sauce on them for first thirty min. as well as the last. thanks.

babe

just an fyi.

if the mommy is breastfeeding, one might consider not making things that can cause problems until she's tested them out.

"Mothers report that babies most often object to chocolate; spices (cinnamon, garlic, curry, chili pepper); citrus fruits and their juices, like oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruit; strawberries; kiwifruit; pineapple; the gassy veggies (onion, cabbage, garlic, cauliflower, broccoli, cucumbers, and peppers); and fruits with a laxative effect, such as cherries and prunes."

quoted from here: http://www.babycenter.com/404_are-there-any-foods-i-should-avoid-while-breastfeeding_8906.bc

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom