ISO low-carb easy cream soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ratsrcute

Assistant Cook
So week 3 of the post-op diet, I'm allowed "full liquids" which basically means that in addition to the vile protein swill I've been living on, I can now have fruit and vegetable juices, strained Campbell's cream soups, no-sugar-added custurd or yogurt.

This is a great relief.

But on the advice of my primary care physician, I'm trying to combine the low-carb idea with the restrictions that come from the surgery. How can I do a low-carb cream soup? My understanding is that Campbells makes them creamy not with cream, but with flour, corn starch, and maybe some gums.

What I need is a cream soup recipe that has no solid matter in it. It looks like the basic ingredient are broth, heavy cream, xantham gum, butter, possibly some boullion cubes, and spices.

Do you know how to make white sauce (bechamel)? Instead of using whole milk or cream, substitute skim milk and chicken broth (half/half).

Do you know how to make white sauce (bechamel)? Instead of using whole milk or cream, substitute skim milk and chicken broth (half/half).

Good point, Constance. The amount of flour is pretty insignificant to the volume of food produced.

Combine some whole milk or even fat free half and half with tomato or V-8 juice and maybe a little chicken broth.

There's no need to eat heavy cream, particularly after what you've been through.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom