ISO Spa Water recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessicacarr

Senior Cook
Does anyone know any spa water (or things of the like) recipes?

Here is a nice one...

1 qt. cold water
1/2 cucumber, peeled and sliced (seeded or non-seeded "English" cucumber)
3 sliced lemon

Put ingredients in a pitcher and sitr.

What is your definition of "spa water"? To drink? When I hear "spa water" I imagine something for either jacuzzi or pool!

There's another thread floating around here somewhere with the same recipe in it. I replace the lemon for mint in my water. Take a gallon of your favorite water and pour enough out to hold two chopped/seeded English cukes and about 5 big sprigs of mint. Let "marinate" for about 3 days. The cuke is crispy and refreshing when you get a chunk and it really does make you feel good on a hot day!

The water in my spa is heated to around 140F, and it has way too much chlorine in it to be drinking it. Besides, being at the beach, there is almost always sand at the bottom.

I think this water is cool and easy to make.
I'll do this afterwards.

But, why did you name this water as 'Spa Water'?

Last edited by a moderator:
catalyst - caine is being haha funny! :rolleyes:

A spa is a place where you go to exercise, be pampered, maybe get a facial and a pedicute. "Spa Water" just references a drink that could be possibly found at one of these spas. It would be refreshing, clean tasting, and healthy.

kitchenelf said:
There's another thread floating around here somewhere with the same recipe in it. I replace the lemon for mint in my water. Take a gallon of your favorite water and pour enough out to hold two chopped/seeded English cukes and about 5 big sprigs of mint. Let "marinate" for about 3 days. The cuke is crispy and refreshing when you get a chunk and it really does make you feel good on a hot day!

Lol, I'm getting confused also, KE! I think so many threads are overlapping on different sites that I can't remember where I answered what. I know I commented on your Spa Water recipe somewhere on the internet. :LOL:

Humm ... spa water ...

Well - there was the time when Lamar and me and 5 ladies were in a hot tub at the end of a party ... temp should have been sufficient to "pasteurize" any bugs ... but not sure I would want to drink the water ... :LOL:

catalyst0527 said:
I think this water is cool and easy to make.
I'll do this afterwards.

But, why did you name this water as 'Spa Water'?
I was looking on a spa recipe site when i found this recipe and it was called spa water there.

I love Spa water, it is so refreshing. Thats one of the reasons i love to go to a spa, oh and the massage is always good too lol.

Andy M. said:
Doesn't anyone like plain water?

Plain water is great, but this is about spa water...try it I bet you'd love it. Which do you perfer Andy? Bottle or tap? haha

Michael in FtW said:
Humm ... spa water ...

Well - there was the time when Lamar and me and 5 ladies were in a hot tub at the end of a party ... temp should have been sufficient to "pasteurize" any bugs ... but not sure I would want to drink the water ... :LOL:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
my friend David had a hot tub we all admired and used frequently. Pretty ugly scum on the surface of the water the next day, though.

I drinrk enough plain water to float a Battleship.
When DH and i were in the nursing home a Dr offered me a medicine to stop me from drinking so much water. I said no thanks..I like my ice water.

I'm assuming spa water is like the water you could get at a fountain when I lived in Wiesbaden. In other words, mineral water. I really cannot imagine doing anything besides drinking it; I think that the benefits would for the most part be lost if you cooked with it. It also depends upon the spa (i.e., spring) you get it from. Many mineral waters are very sulfurous, and each has its own distinct quantities of minerals. Some are sparkling, some not. When we were in Europe last (about 10 years ago), we learned to ask "mit gas" if we wanted sparkling.

Back
Top Bottom